“Wish We Hadn't bothered!”

The Fun Centre - Yr Hwylfan
Ranked #30 of 42 things to do in Caernarfon
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Firstly, we had to pay £20.20 to get in, for two adults and three small children. Found out the adults had to pay £2 each. I've never been to a play area where the adults have to pay. Ontop of that, we had to pay £1.50 for the pay and display parking at the rear. If they'd had their prices on their website I wouldn't have bothered.

We gave the cafe area a wide birth, as it was tiny, depressing and the food was so overpriced.

The place could have been cleaner and there was a smell of mould all over, which made me feel very sick.

You can't see your over 3s, while watching your under 3s, because there's a wall in the way.

I'm giving it a 2/5, because the kids did have fun, but I wouldn't return.

2  Thank TramSparkSarah
"lots of fun"
in 3 reviews
"fantastic place"

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Kids absolutely love it here, bit dirty could do with a good clean. Reasonable prices but just needs a good clean.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We have visited this place it will BE our last!!! From walking in to a magnificent building we were met with a below average children's play area!! The price really does not reflect in good family value @ £24.30 for 2 adult 3 children and a teenager. After paying you then walk through a very narrow walkway through the under 5s area which is full of parents trying to look after their little ones whilst trying to move out the way to let us through. This was a massive oversight on the design stage and not very safe and is a serious health and safety concern and needs to be looked at by the owners!! The issues you have also is you can not look after your under fives and any older children as they are in two separate areas which was not thought out. As we have no under 5s this was not an issue for us but would be for some family's. We went to the cafe area which is small and there was no seating but were advised by a sigh there was some upstairs, area was dark and cold and involves 3 lots of stairs which yet again would be a nightmare if you have young children or have a disability as there is no lift in the building! The building is not the right type for this size play area and really needs a bigger place and better layout to cater for all your needs!! The coffee is ok but for £6:50 for 3 small drinks was a little pricey! And the biggest shock was when my oldest daughter paied £9:95 for a small slush and 3 bottles of pop. After speaking to the staff they had over charged by £4 which was refunded with out any hassle. Unfortunately this is the worst play area I have ever visited in 14 years in the UK wish I had looked on here 1st as we would have gone elsewhere and yes the last few reviews are true.

6  Thank Turbo69a2002
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We recently visited here as part of our holiday and were very dissatisfied from the begining!
As I have more than one child of mixed ages the layout is appalling as it is impossible to keep an eye on them all!
The toddler area is a bit like waiting in a hospital corridor with people constantly walking through which is very worrying especially with young children!
In the end I had to give up letting my youngest play in the toddler area so I could keep watch on my elder ones I then had to haul a pushchair up 3 flights of stairs on my own as the only seating was in what felt like an attic!
All in all I think this place is VERY over priced and very disappointing! I definitely would not recommend it!!

1  Thank theworralls49
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a large size play centre with some excellent play zones for both toddlers and older children. The toddler zone is clearly separated from the main play area, so there is little chance of bigger kids spoiling the little ones fun whilst the main play area is large and has two great "death" slides that my 6 year old absolutely loves.
There is a cafe which serves good coffee and standard food at fair prices. Hence the Fun Center has a number of good points. However, they insist on charging an entrance fee for adults which means a visit will set you back £16 for a family of 4 before you have even bought a coffee / juice for the kids. I understand that the main play area can be used by adults but, be realistic and adopt a wristband protocol to identify those who want to use the equipment and others (like us) who would like to just get a coffee and God forbid get a chance to read a book for a few minutes.

There is one other negative to the Fun Centre and that is there is no manned "buzzer/button" door at the entrance / exit. There are always staff on the busy front desk but anybody could just walk out and I find this unusual for this type of operation.