“Would Recommend”

Dining options: Breakfast
Ruthin, United Kingdom
“Would Recommend”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have been to Caffi Maes quite often and would recommend it to all. The staff are all friendly and very efficient. There is plenty of seating and a homely atmosphere with smart decor.

I find that the food is reasonably priced and good value for money - in quality and quantity. When I was last there I had the Clam Chowder from the specials and it was excellent. I can also vouch for the hame, egg & chips.

I noticed another reviewer was complaining about confusing service. He must have missed the rather large sign that asks you to order at the counter, or the que of people ordering. It is quite obvious you have to order at the till and I honestly don't see that as a problem as the staff are friendly and the service is efficient.

Overall an excellent local cafe to visit whether you are a local or a tourist.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank EJonesWales

shanghai
“nice little place with fresh food”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had lunch here outside just oposite the castle. Simple cafe, self ordering but they bring your food when it's ready. Nice staff, mainly local customers certainly while we were there. Food for lunch was good, a chilli for my husband and a salad for me. Not haut cuisine but that's not what it's supposed to be, simple food freshly done, tasting good and plenty of it. All the dishes being taken to other tables also looked good. We'd certainly go again and would recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
“Great value”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My partner and i found this place whilst looking for somewhere to go and have lunch. Freindly staff and homemade food which is allways a bonus . But the portion sizes where very good for the prices and we will certainly be coming back

• Visited June 2013
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Nice little cafe”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I come here often and like the atmosphere here. Food is basic, which is what you expect in a cafe, but tasty and a great choice. Also the staff here are lovely.

• Visited February 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Coffee & Teacake”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Just called in for a coffee late morning as we were having a quick look round the town on our way to another destination. This was our first visit to Caernarfon, chosen at the last minute, so we didn't know the town and had not done any research. Quite busy so we had to sit upstairs. Saw the notice about ordering at the counter downstairs, but no problem. A couple of local ladies were praising the cafe when we came to share their large table.

We enjoyed our coffee and teacake. As it was quite busy we didn't see anyone coming upstairs to clear and clean tables when vacated. Some had food spilt on them, so new customers may have had a different experience. From other reviews it seems most locals are happy regular visitors.

• Visited March 2013