“We only went for drinks, but not that impressed.”
Review of Caffi Maes

Caffi Maes
Ranked #19 of 107 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This café has a nice seating area outside and a good selection of food and drinks on the menu. We only ordered two thick milkshakes, but received just ordinary flavoured milk. Very disappointed.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Nice cafe, friendly atmosphere, but food let the place down. My main gripe was with the detail on the menu. Many items said they came with coleslaw and salad, but we ordered paninis and there was no mention of salad or coleslaw with these, so we didn't think we needed to say 'nothing with mayo on the plate please'. Sadly when they arrived they had both salad, which we like and coleslaw which we loath, and the watery mayo in the coleslaw had contaminated the whole meal. Also the bread was not panini but those small single portion baguettes which were underbaked. At around £4 a go, it was very disappointing.

1  Thank Sian55
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have been to Caffi Maes quite often and would recommend it to all. The staff are all friendly and very efficient. There is plenty of seating and a homely atmosphere with smart decor.

I find that the food is reasonably priced and good value for money - in quality and quantity. When I was last there I had the Clam Chowder from the specials and it was excellent. I can also vouch for the hame, egg & chips.

I noticed another reviewer was complaining about confusing service. He must have missed the rather large sign that asks you to order at the counter, or the que of people ordering. It is quite obvious you have to order at the till and I honestly don't see that as a problem as the staff are friendly and the service is efficient.

Overall an excellent local cafe to visit whether you are a local or a tourist.

2  Thank EJonesWales
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We had lunch here outside just oposite the castle. Simple cafe, self ordering but they bring your food when it's ready. Nice staff, mainly local customers certainly while we were there. Food for lunch was good, a chilli for my husband and a salad for me. Not haut cuisine but that's not what it's supposed to be, simple food freshly done, tasting good and plenty of it. All the dishes being taken to other tables also looked good. We'd certainly go again and would recommend it.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

My partner and i found this place whilst looking for somewhere to go and have lunch. Freindly staff and homemade food which is allways a bonus . But the portion sizes where very good for the prices and we will certainly be coming back