“The Italian Job”

Ranked #23 of 128 Restaurants in Caernarfon
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Housed in what was a 17th century temperance house, Stones Bistro re-opened (ON APRIL 2014) as a full licensed restaurant serving Welsh, Italian and international specialties. Our old typical house inside the walls-town want to be a comfortable modern restaurant but in the same time we want offer you an old style scenario! Our Italian Chef has multiple long experince in Italy, Europe, Cruises, South Pacific & Wales. We will offer you our passion for the best food with high quality of products. Our fishes and our meats are locally and fresh supplied. Stones Bistro is a slow food restaurant. All our meals are freshly and cooked at the moment.We will propose you international aperitives, cocktails, liqueor Coffee and wines from Italy, Chile, Australia, California. A good selection of bottled beer and draft beer. Follow us on Facebook for the seasonal and weekly specials: Stones Bistro, Caernarfon Thank you. OPEN LUNCH (from June to September and all the Bank Holiday open 7 days on 7
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

After checking TripAdvisor reviews we decided to try Stones Bistro. We arrived early doors received a warm welcome,and were shown to our table,given a menu,and the Specials Board was pointed out. My wife chose the sea bass stuffed with prawns served on a bed of spaghetti. I went for the lamb shank,bit was unlucky as they had sold out. I settled for the lamb chops instead. Be prepared for a short wait as the food is cooked to order. It was well presented when it arrived and we both enjoyed your meals. I did notice that quite a lot of the tables had been reserved. A very enjoyable experience,and highly recommended.

Stonesbistro2013, Owner at Stones Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you John, I like the title of your review, is one of my favourite movie!! But let's talk about the food. Sorry about the lamb shank, when you ordered it, I was cooking them, but they need 3/4 hours. I'm glad you enjoyed the lamb chop and your wife the sea-bass roll, thank you very much for your visit and your nice review about our service too, hope to welcome you back soon to try the lamb shanks, they are spectacular.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Tagliatelle Bolognese was lovely, and OH's lamb chops he says were very good too. Absolutely no problem with the food or the staff and would recommend Stones to anyone, especially if you like a characterful restaurant.

However there was just one niggle. When we ordered I was asked if I wanted parmesan on the tagliatelle; I said "yes". That was good, but during the course of the meal I asked for some more parmesan - it was brought to me on a saucer, ready grated. That's fine too. What was not so good, and what stops me from giving 5*, is that when we came to pay I had been charged £1.50 for the extra parmesan!

This has never happened at any other restaurant or bistro I have eaten in. I almost laughed when I saw it on the bill. I suppose I should have commented on it at the time but somehow didn't do so. It's not about the £1.50.

Stonesbistro2013, Owner at Stones Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you Caduceus, we are really happy you enjoyed to dine with us and thank you very much for your recommendations. Also thank you because your review is a good occasion to explain our first class quality food: we charged the Parmigiano because it is not a common one. We served you a Parmigiano Reggiano Vacche Rosse di Montagna DOP, 24 months matured, £ 32 a Kg. Organoleptic and flavor characteristics of virtue. Hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Really nice, cosy restaurant with great service and delicious food. I've been there with my fiancé and we enjoyed a lot. The presentation of the dishes was on top! We had soup of the day and skewered prawns as a starter and lamb shank with sea bass rolls for mains. Extremely good food with a lot of flavour. Greetings to a staff and chef!

Stonesbistro2013, Owner at Stones Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you very much Karolina, your enthusiastic review is a joy for all my team and me. We always offer first class ''raw material'' and we always try our best to cook and to present them. I'm also very happy to read that my dining room staff are doing a great service. Thanks for your greetings and hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Visited here twice and the food really is delicious! Authentic homemade Italian food, with HUGE portions! Only a small restaurant which is much nicer, ideal if you just want a quiet meal for two. Definitely value for money. Would recommend to everyone

Stonesbistro2013, Owner at Stones Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you Rebecca, for your time to review us and for your twice visits. We are very happy you appreciated our home made food and the Stones' atmosphere. Hope to see you again, thanks to recommend us too.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Having arrived in Caernarfon we walked into town to find some dinner. We chanced upon Stones, and it was a great find. The staff were great, particularly with our children, menu was interesting and food well cooked. Good children's menu options, and a decent range of drinks.
We booked to go back two nights later, and had another great meal.

Stonesbistro2013, Owner at Stones Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you Martin, we are really happy all your Family enjoyed the home made food and your time at Stones. I'm delighted to read (I'm in the kitchen), that my dining room Team have had the right approach with the kids and thank you very much to dine twice here.