The welcome in the Black Boy is A*. A well organized staff and a spotlessly clean room. It's an ancient inn, but very well maintained. The rooms have old oak furniture. The staff are very helpful and the place is a buzz of international visitors. It is just within the town walls and is a wonderful part of the history of Caernarfon. The castle is nearby as is the harbour and the wonderful Galeri Theatre and Arts Centre is a 200 metre walk away. The food attracts local families and the quality is good and the quantities are big. They serve locally caught fish and reared meat. In the middle of all the foreign languages, you can hear plenty of Welsh. The staff are almost all bi-lingual and use Welsh routinely as part of their work. The music sound-track in the background is a lovely mix of AOR Americana and Welsh music. Will definitely return. Truly wonderful place to visit. Parking available in the hotel car park and a public car park nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Boy Inn is a listed building which is situated in the historic town walls of the Royal Borough of Caernarfon. The Inn is within easy walking distance to the town centre, and the famous 13th-century Castle. An old Inn dating back to 1522 and with its wooden paneling, low ceilings, and thick wooden support beams generates a cosy 'Olde Worlde' Welsh atmosphere. The Black Boy is a very busy Inn; please do not expect it to be a slow laid back hotel. It is in the centre of the tourist hub of North Wales and long wait times can be norm in middle of summer. Come and visit us in the winter season for a more laid back feeling.We now also have Black Jacks, which is another renovated building in courtyard, at rear of Inn .Black Jacks is away from the hustle of the main Inn . All suites have small kitchen area.No lift in building.Some Ground floor rooms are easy access with walk in showers , 1st floor variety of rooms as is 2nd floor.We offer 24 hour staff attendance. When you stay in any country you must wish to stay in somewhere that reflects that country ,we certainly do majority of our staff are welsh speaking and so are the owners .Meal timesSunday to Thursday: Noon until 9.00P.M. Friday and Saturday. Noon until 9.30P.M.Table reservations can be made via reception up to 6.30P.M. Table allocation after 6.30.Pm. Will be made on availability. Waiting times can vary and an indication of any delay will be conveyed to you. To arrange a table reservation (up to 6.30P.M.)In peak season we cannot accept table bookings at all due to the volume of trade ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Black Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Boy Hotel Caernarfon
- Black Boy Inn Caernarfon, Wales