Only went in for a drink but loved the look of it
sign outside does warn that it is old and therefore has uneven flag floors from days of yore -
which is totally in character with the place and should stay, so if you are a tad unsteady on the feet then do go slowly. Inside full of beams and fires and lovely staff who although they did not have any Welsh wine ( imagine somewhere in Wales must make their own wine so I thought I would ask ) they did say they would look into it for future reference so that was encouraging to be listened to from pleasant staff
( they did have a tv on sports channel but sound off so could ignore it )
visited the ladies room and rather wondered if it would be basic barn door with very old plumbing , however totally top range refurbished and spotless toilets that you would expect of a top class hotel, - well done - a very good contrast of new and old providing the best of both worlds.
Although we did not have time to eat, I did observe another table being served some good looking food and would make an effort to stop there for something to eat if I'm ever in the area again.
Certainly worth popping into while you are having a look round the walls and visiting the castle. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Boy Inn is a listed building which is situated in the historic town walls of the Royal Borough of Caernarfon. The Inn is within easy walking distance to the town centre, and the famous 13th-century Castle. An old Inn dating back to 1522 and with its wooden paneling, low ceilings, and thick wooden support beams generates a cosy 'Olde Worlde' Welsh atmosphere. The Black Boy is a very busy Inn; please do not expect it to be a slow laid back hotel. It is in the centre of the tourist hub of North Wales and long wait times can be norm in middle of summer. Come and visit us in the winter season for a more laid back feeling.We now also have Black Jacks, which is another renovated building in courtyard, at rear of Inn .Black Jacks is away from the hustle of the main Inn . All suites have small kitchen area.No lift in building.Some Ground floor rooms are easy access with walk in showers , 1st floor variety of rooms as is 2nd floor.We offer 24 hour staff attendance. When you stay in any country you must wish to stay in somewhere that reflects that country ,we certainly do majority of our staff are welsh speaking and so are the owners .Meal timesSunday to Thursday: Noon until 9.00P.M. Friday and Saturday. Noon until 9.30P.M.Table reservations can be made via reception up to 6.30P.M. Table allocation after 6.30.Pm. Will be made on availability. Waiting times can vary and an indication of any delay will be conveyed to you. To arrange a table reservation (up to 6.30P.M.)In peak season we cannot accept table bookings at all due to the volume of trade ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Black Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Boy Hotel Caernarfon
- Black Boy Inn Caernarfon, Wales