Just a quick review as so much good stuff has already been written by so many before. We were a party of five taking two rooms in Black Jacks behind the pub for three nights. Black Jack's are some tall town houses across the courtyard from the other parts of Black Boy's semi divided into suites rather than rooms. Our's, Room 51 was exceptional, a very big bedroom with four poster bed, a separate kitchenette, and large bathroom with big bath and shower. In the kitchenette was a microwave, fridge and sink and possibly more but we preferred to eat out, in Black Boy's for breakfast and dinner later in the day. In peak season make sure you get in for dinner early because everyone else seems to have read Tripadvisor and wants to eat there too!
The Black Boy is perfectly located within the old town walls, close to the castle, seafront, town centre, other pubs and restaurants. Staying in Black Jacks it was perfectly quiet and we slept well in the wonderful four poster.
Food and drink at The Black Boy was very reasonably priced. And I would have paid more for our room in Black Jacks. The place was spotlessly clean. But I suppose that should be obvious. Because the outstanding quality of the whole place, apart from its location, charm, and food, is that it seems to be extremely well run. All the staff we dealt with were excellent, without exception. It's clearly an excellent team that made our stay a pleasure and ensured our Finnish friends and ourselves had great memories of Caernarfon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Boy Inn is a listed building which is situated in the historic town walls of the Royal Borough of Caernarfon. The Inn is within easy walking distance to the town centre, and the famous 13th-century Castle. An old Inn dating back to 1522 and with its wooden paneling, low ceilings, and thick wooden support beams generates a cosy 'Olde Worlde' Welsh atmosphere. The Black Boy is a very busy Inn; please do not expect it to be a slow laid back hotel. It is in the centre of the tourist hub of North Wales and long wait times can be norm in middle of summer. Come and visit us in the winter season for a more laid back feeling.We now also have Black Jacks, which is another renovated building in courtyard, at rear of Inn .Black Jacks is away from the hustle of the main Inn . All suites have small kitchen area.No lift in building.Some Ground floor rooms are easy access with walk in showers , 1st floor variety of rooms as is 2nd floor.We offer 24 hour staff attendance. When you stay in any country you must wish to stay in somewhere that reflects that country ,we certainly do majority of our staff are welsh speaking and so are the owners .Meal timesSunday to Thursday: Noon until 9.00P.M. Friday and Saturday. Noon until 9.30P.M.Table reservations can be made via reception up to 6.30P.M. Table allocation after 6.30.Pm. Will be made on availability. Waiting times can vary and an indication of any delay will be conveyed to you. To arrange a table reservation (up to 6.30P.M.)In peak season we cannot accept table bookings at all due to the volume of trade ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Black Boy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Boy Hotel Caernarfon
- Black Boy Inn Caernarfon, Wales