“Lovely, clean and friendly B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caernarfon
Bron Menai Guest House
Ranked #5 of 21 Caernarfon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Great B&B. The staff all professional and friendly. Bedrooms clean and had everything you'd expect and more. Breakfast in the morning great. Brill location. There was quite a few notices that displayed a few ground rules. Such as no takeaways. If you want a takeaway then this may be a problem, but personally I would rather have a clean room. Excellent value for money and the flowers in the front garden are lovely.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma T

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We recently stayed for just one night,as we toured around Wales on our bikes.we received a warm welcome, the room was very spacious very clean and comfortable with a big bathroom. The breakfast was very nice in a pleasant dining room. I would certainly stay again if in this area. Ate at the black boy inn food delicious but booking before hand is advisable a very busy pub.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2013

As this stay was work related, we decided to opt for a B&B rather than splash out. My husband was very worried when I told him the cost, and said it would probably be a dump! I had done a little research, and it met the needs of ensuite, tv, car parking and close to where we needed to be. When we arrived we had a warm welcome, and noticed immediately how clean the place was. Our room was spotless and was a really good size with a little separate tv sitting area. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and all the staff friendly and efficient. The decor was a little dated, but as everything was to a high standard of cleanliness it did not matter one bit. My only suggestion would be to have some blackout blinds to darken the room a little more....but a lot of places have this issue. For £60 we found it excellent and it has made us think twice on splurging unnecessarily on hotels in the future. Lovely stay!

Room Tip: Our room was room 3
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2013

When I arrived at the Guest House during my stay a few weeks I was instantly made welcome by the hostess who greeted me with a very friendly smile. I knew straightaway that I was going enjoy my stay at Bron Menai. The room that I stayed in was changed apparently from the one that they had first laid out for me and they emailed me beforehand if I minded changing rooms due to a party staying there. As I didn't know what room I had anyway it really didn't make any difference. The room that I had was absolutely faultless. Everything was in tremendous condition from the decor to the settee and very comfortable bed. The bathroom area was very spacious and the shower was easily controlled. I can't say that in all the places that I've stayed at.

At breakfast the hostess from the previous evening again made me very welcome and her pleasant personality and continuous smile certainly rubbed off on me even though I'm a natural pleasant smiling person anyway. There's nothing worse that to be greeted at breakfast time in a guest house / hotel than by a grump. I've seen my fair share of those in the past, but the evidence here was that she's very much a peoples persons who loves her job and is so appreciative of her customers. The breakfast was also of a very high standard.

There's nothing I can complain about Bron Menai. The location is ideal for watching a show at the nearby Galeri venue just over the side of the road and convenient for town also. New budget hotels have sprung up in Caernarfon lately and I do hope that they won't affect places like Bron Menai too much. I wasn't up for a show this time around, but I checked the prices that these new hotels offered and I was taken aback by what some of them charged. Then again I suppose we are in a popular tourist area with the Snowdon mountain range nearby. I wouldn't think twice about coming back to Bron Menai as the price of the room fitted my budget plan and I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to stay at Caernarfon.

Thanks to all the staff for making my stay a very pleasant one indeed and I'll be looking forward to staying there with you again in the near future. Top class guest house.

Room Tip: If you want service with a smile, then this is the place for you.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed two nights in room 7 which is on the top level at the rear of the guesthouse. The guesthouse is conveniently located on the edge of Caernarfon town centre being only a short walk to the the castle and old walled town, and shops and restaurants. The room was a reasonable size and although it overlooked the main road at the rear was surprisingly quiet. The room was spotless and very comfortable. The guesthouse staff provided excellent service, friendly and attentive. Breakfast was made to order. The only negative was the poor range of the free wifi which generally meant using my laptop in the public areas. We found Caernarfon castle one of the best during our travels in the UK and sorry we only allocated 2 nights in Caernarfon, as the area has so much more to offer. Overall good quality and value accommodation and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelmoreBrisbane
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stopped at the guest house for 2 nights and we found they staff very pleasent rooms very good and nothing too much trouble for them with a very good breakfast well cooked and in a great position 2mins walk from town Would recommend to any of our friends who might visit the area Good value for money Thanks

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed for one night whilst in Caernafon, pretty average really. I checked out several places in C'fon and picked the cheapest available and it turned out to be Bron Menai. Great location, very near the town centre and castle but C'fon is a small town anyway. The room was pretty average, nothing special: bed was small (Queen size as oppose to King size) but otherwise the toilet was pretty decent and I had a good night's sleep. The rooms came across as rather old fashioned as did the entire place.

The breakfast was excellent and I really enjoyed the deliciously sweet summer berries fruit salad. Service was pretty decent, if not a bit business like and impersonal. Please don't take this as a complaint, but I have stayed in various places around Wales and some B&B owners are really friendly and would have friendly chats with you, whilst the owner of Bron Menai was polite but businesslike - the kind of reception I would expect in a hotel. But that's fine, I don't have a problem with that as all the staff I'd dealt with were very polite, if not a bit business-like and formal.

There is a very pretty garden at the front and it is literally a stone's throw from a big ASDA supermarket, which proved to be really useful! The only thing that somewhat irked me a little was discovering a rather large black bug on my T-shirt (which I had left on a chair overnight) in the morning. I gave it a shake and it flew away - oh well, it was a warm night and I had left the window wide open and it could've flown in through the window. I'm an ex-soldier and have travelled to some pretty exotic locations (check out my reviews!) so bugs don't bother me, but I can imagine it would bother some people like my sister who hates bugs...

Also, I was somewhat disappointed to find that none of the staff I dealt with spoke any Welsh despite being in C'fon, a very Welsh-speaking area - ah well, but that's just me then ...

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business