We stayed just the one night whilst attending a wedding locally. The Hotel staff were really friendly and welcoming and the rooms were comfortable and nicely proportioned. It could have done with a lick of paint in the odd place, but was certainly in keeping with the period of the hotel, and this included the annexes. Breakfast was good, but not artisan, and a good selection was available. We did not make any more use of the facilities, so am not able to comment further on the bar and evening meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plas Derwen is a fantastic pub restaurant which offers exceptional food at ordinary prices. Located within easy reach of the A40 and A465 (Heads of the Valleys Road), it was redeveloped to a high standard in April 2007. All our food is cooked to order, using produce from local suppliers, listed on the back of our weekly changing menus, enabling you to have a different dish with every visit. There is also a Specials board and a Fish Specials board for even more variety. This is a warm, welcoming venue with pastel colours and a large see through feature fireplace. The building dates back 600 years and the refurbishment has been sympathetically undertaken to reflect old meeting new. With contemporary furnishing, the traditional slant has been retained with many nooks and crannies around the pub. The Garden Room, Lounge Bar and double Conservatory are separate rooms offering different experiences. Some areas have leather sofas and leather tub chairs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your Plas Derwen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plas Derwen Hotel Abergavenny
- Plas Derwen Abergavenny, Wales