My & my friends were in the Venue 59 restaurant again over the weekend (Friday 02/03/12 to be exact) and I just want to give credit to the amazing staff & food that we always seem to get there.
The restaurant was very busy, with a large party of people & several other smaller tables to contend with, but the staff were excellent, mine and my husband's steaks were perfect and our friends, who had never been before, said that they would definately be going back again.
It's an hour and a half round trip for us to dine at Venue 59 but it has always been a pleasure & well worth the time and effort.
We also have gone from the restaurant & into the bar some nights & on fridays, they have a singer which makes for a good evening.
We haven't stayed in the hotel yet but from everything else we have seen there, we will definately be booking in this summer.
I don't normally leave reviews but i think our food & experience deserved it.
Highly recommend giving it a try in any capacity!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head Hotel is a 16th C coaching inn situated in the centre of Abergavenny. All rooms have en suite shower rooms, colour television and hostess trays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Kings Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The King`s Head Hotel Abergavenny
- Kings Head Abergavenny
- The Kings Head Hotel Abergavenny, Wales