Great find in a lovely place. We went to the food fest also and stayed in the pub for two nights. Pretty quaint pub which oozes history. fabulous room. Very clean. Quaint sloping landing floorboards. Gorgeous rugs. Lovey food. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice. Beautiful dining room. Fresh flowers in various places. Sacha was lovely and welcoming. She even put the meat I bought from the food fest in her fridge for me. I would definitely stay here again. In fact I wouldn't even bother looking elsewhere. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 out of 5, is that the bar let it down slightly. Some bright spark decided to clean the lines at 8.50pm on the Sunday, then tried to palm me off with a watered down pint of lager, saying that the last pull was often the best. They then covered all the pumps with plastic glasses to show that they were no longer in use and got rid of all the glasses. When I ordered wine as there was no longer the option of buying a lager, there were no glasses left to put it in. I'm not sure why the bar manager decided to clean the lines when people were still drinking in the pub and outside. But the bar staff were all pretty friendly just poor judgement in my eyes. When I visit again, maybe a free pint might be in order ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Arms Hotel is a late sixteenth century coaching inn located in the heart of the bustling Welsh market town of Abergavenny; the gateway to Wales. We offer something for everyone; comfortable, well-appointed guest accommodation, lip smackingly delicious restaurant food and a versatile function space for all manner of events. Whatever your reason for visiting – an extended getaway break, a lazy lunch meet up with friends, or a flying coffee and newspaper pit stop – we’d like to extend you the warmest of welcomes. Come in and take a look around… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kings Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Arms Hotel Abergavenny
- Kings Arms Abergavenny, Wales