Visited the Angel yesterday with my mum and partners mum. Just rather disappointed in the meal we had for the price we paid. The menu is vast and the description for each choice is in depth. Mums only wanted a light lunch but the toasted sandwich at £7.50 sounded out of the ordinary, when in fact it was very much ordinary. Two pieces of bread with one slice of cheese and ham and a hint of caramelised onion. To accompany that was a handful of mixed lettuce leaves. Over £3 extra if u wanted chips to go with it.
It was just a toastie in the true sense of the word and well overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City, Country Hotel Tea Award 2011 and AA Hotel of the Year Wales 2016/2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales