The Angel
Premier inn Abergavenny Hotel(Llanfoist)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$121
US$117
US$114
US$109
US$85
  • Restaurant
Best Western Pontypool Metro Hotel(Pontypool)(Great Value!)
US$147
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
PremierInn.com
All reviewsafternoon teahigh teacastle cottagesandwichescoaching innlovely hoteldeluxe roomwithout exceptioncar parkwine listpublic areashigh streetset menubar areaspecial occasionsmoked salmonsunday lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Went for afternoon tea. When we arrived no one on reception. Eventually a passing waiter took us to the restaurant. Again we stood and waited to be seated whilst we watched several waitresses talking by the till area.
Eventually we where seated.
Food and tea arrived some while later. Food very nice although "sugar-overload". Needs a few more sandwiches! The tea beverage was outstanding!
Then the scone arrives, which quite frankly was very disappointing in texture.
Tried it and wouldn't go back!

• Stayed: October 2013
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am disappointed to read your review of afternoon tea at The Angel Hotel. We have always prided ourselves with the continued recognition (from the Tea Guild along with many other publications) and the passion in which our staff serve our guests. I am sorry you felt you did not experience this.

I hope this has not marred your impression of The Angel and we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Afternoon tea here is a lovely experience whether you are a resident of the hotel or visitor to the town. Booking is a must as it gets really busy.
The sandwiches were good, nice fillings and lovely little cakes and scones. Lovely selection of teas. A proper job.
I would say though that the quality of service and attention to detail has been usurped by the quantity of afternoon teas that were being served. We visited in half term, so there were lots of children, the place was heaving and the staff seemed harassed and rushed. Overall though, a nice afternoon tea.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased to read you think afternoon tea at The Angel is a lovely experience.

I am sorry to read you feel the quality of service and attention to detail has been usurped by the quantity of afternoon teas. We pride ourselves in our friendly and efficient service; it is a shame we disappointed you on this occasion.

I hope this has not marred your impression of The Angel and we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Came here mid October with some work colleagues for afternoon tea. Well what can I say, it was my first experience if afternoon tea and I was blown away. Staff were attentive and very helpful. Food was fabulous as we're the infusion teas. We had a thoroughly wonderful afternoon, will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure I read your review about our Afternoon Tea. I will make sure to share this lovely review with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon, for another treat.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed recently, not our first stay as really like the hotel and the food there. As we arrived we were given an upgrade, what a wonderful surprise. We were shown to one of there cottages, well it was gorgeous, everything about it. Breakfast was good as usual, I really do like this hotel and its central location. Only problem is will always want to stay in that room from now on, not sure how my partner will cope with that.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to note that your stay at The Angel lived up to your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Angel Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed one night at the Angel. It was lovely, great big room overlooking the street. The bed was very comfortable. The old Hotel has been completely redone. We enjoyed breakfast in the morning. It was amazing and only 5 pounds. The guy at the front desk was very helpful and was able to get us into our room early. We hope to return soon!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrtod2002

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at The Angel along with breakfast the following morning. I will pass on your kind comments to Tom at reception.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.