The Angel
The Manor Hotel(Crickhowell)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsafternoon teahigh teacastle cottagesandwichescoaching innlovely hoteldeluxe roomwithout exceptioncar parkwine listpublic areashigh streetset menubar areaspecial occasionsmoked salmonsunday lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed one night with my partner and two dogs. Can't really fault the staff or the food. Paid for a deluxe room, in the hopes of an upgrade to a cottage but even though I chose a quiet Monday evening we were out of luck there. For the room we got, it was spacious and very smart. My partner would give it five stars but I found the street noise to be excessive. Even though the town appeared to be very quiet there was constant traffic until midnight, occasional teenagers and their blaring exhausts and stereos until 1am, setting off continuous car alarms and then street sweepers at 5am doing the same. Just part and parcel of being in a town but if you're at all unused to traffic noise or are a light sleeper avoid the front of the hotel. For the price of the room I would have liked to have got some sleep but that being said the hotel comes, from us highly recommended, and I expect we will return, if only to try and get that cottage upgrade.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately we were fully booked last Monday and did not have an option of upgrading your room.

I am sorry to read you were disturbed by noise from the street, as Monday evenings tend to be quite, yet pleased you found the room spacious and smart.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

A Christmas present to my husband that I could also enjoy - and what a brilliant choice it was (even though I say so myself!) The accommodation was fantastic (we were upgraded to The Cottage), the afternoon tea sublime and I cannot find the adjectives to describe our meal at The
Walnut Tree. Suffice to say, it was the best meal we have had for a very long time. We were extremely well looked after from the moment we stepped into the hotel and I cannot recommend it highly enough and cannot wait to return. Thank you to all the staff involved for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

What a lovely review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed all aspects of the Foodies Delight Break.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Saturday night dinner with friends. The Angel dining room was full so they put us up in the waiting room by the cocktail bar. Brilliant friendly service, complimentary snacks and top notch food. We had the three courses for £25 and the quality and quantity of the food was perfect; I had the smoked salmon, lamb main and trio of desserts with coffee. Add that with the great drinks and pianist in the background, wholeheartedly recommend this to one and all. Pimms Punch with apple, cinnamon and brandy was lush too!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to read you had brilliantly friendly service and top notch food from the ‘Angel Menu’.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

From the minute we arrived, we received personal, attentive service. All the staff were charming & helpful. Our room was spacious, comfortable & clean. Our breakfast was excellent. We slept well, we ate well - brilliant. William & Charlotte head up a great team.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman H
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

What a lovely review.

I am pleased to read you received personal and attentive service by charming & helpful staff.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I had a wake for my Mum at this hotel on Thursday and I can not fault anything. The hotel staff prepared the Brecon Room upstairs for 30 guests and tea and coffee was served on arrival. The room was excellent with a beautiful fire and three tables were very tastefully laid out. The buffet food was served on tiered plates and looked absolutely fabulous. The quality of the food and the selection I would not hesitate to say was 100%.
My Mum would have loved everything about the morning and our time at The Angel. Staff were very discreet in their service and they also provided food boxes to take away the remaining food. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, the very efficient waiters and waitresses, the gorgeous food and beautiful rooms. I thought the price reflected the quality and experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am pleased to read The Brecon Room was excellent and welcoming for you upon arrival. Further it is lovely to read you enjoyed the quality, food selection and you felt the price reflected the quality and experience.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.