“Better than ever”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Abergavenny
London
“Better than ever”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Returning to this historic hotel for a three-night visit after a gap of several years I was happy to find it even better than I remembered. Room and service were faultless and I felt there had been a definite ratcheting-up of quality in the restaurant. The two dinners I had there were quite excellent and exceptional value for money as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank IanCLondon
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

What a pleasure to read your review. I am so pleased you found your stay even better than you had remembered.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
England
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel looks beautiful with Farrow and Ball type paint schemes, orchids and great designer style. We found our executive room lovely if a bit small with slightly irritating touches like no bedside tables, a fancy shower which took ages to drain but everything is new and stylish.
Where it scores really highly is the terrific food. Just delicious at dinner and breakfast. Super service and very reasonable. Book in advance as it is full of locals coming for dinner, drinks and afternoon tea.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maida22
Charlotte G, Manager at The Angel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read you would have preferred the bedside tables instead of a headboard shelf. I have also made our maintenance team aware of the slow drain in the shower.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your delicious dinner and breakfast. I will make sure your comments are passed onto our team regarding super service.

Cwmbran
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed here for 1 night whilst celebrating our anniversary and my husband's birthday and we were suitably impressed. We had a lovely room which was comfortable, quiet and extremely clean with an en-suite bathroom/shower which, although was somewhat dated was again extremely clean and had everything we wanted. We had booked a meal in the restaurant and have to say it was the best service and food we have had in some years. The staff were very attentive and helpful from arrival and breakfast was very good indeed. My husband said that the bacon, in particular, was the best he'd had and the black pudding was excellent. We will certainly go again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor which was probably why it was quiet as, if you were on the 1st floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Belpol
Dear Guest,

I thank you for leaving such a complimentary review of your recent visit to The Angel. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that The Angel is the best hotel of your experience. I will share your comments with everyone here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Usk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Cocktails band supper in the Foxhunter bar area never disappoints. Visited Saturday evening late with my husband and daughter. The mojitos are the best I've ever tasted, and the service provided by efficient happy staff make this more pleasurable.
The food was delicious, and I recommend the scallops.
It's hard to beat in the area which is why we keep coming back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janclem2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to note that your supper in the Foxhunter bar lived up to your expectations. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments in regards to the mojito’s and efficient, happy staff.

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Angel again in the near future.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We thought we would have a 2 night break in Abergavenny having driven through recently.The hotel is an absolute joy.Situated in the centre of the busy market town it is within easy walking distance of all local attractions.The staff were incredibly helpful,(offering us an umbrella when the rain started unexpectedly),and knowledgable.There was a wedding reception on the saturday night(which we were informed of before we booked)but we were given the assurance that we would not be disturbed as our room would be away from the celebrations.I had one of the best nights sleep of recent months thanks to a really comfortable bed and the location of the room.Both breakfast and evening meals were excellent(the house red and white wine offer superb value for money).Congratulations to managers and staff,we will definately return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willtravel6062
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Angel.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just come back after a short break. Booked a one night stay bed and breakfast for a friends sons wedding evening party. At the Angel Hotel. We arrived and found the car park to the rear of the hotel easily and parked up. We went to reception where we were given a friendly welcome. Our accommodation was in The Mews which was a cute mews cottage at the back of the building.
It was a lovely sized room with a super kingsize bed,en suite facilities, crisp white bedding and muted decor, a quiet reflective space and being at the back very quiet. The function room where the wedding was held was a charming room, with its own bar attached ,a lovely venue for a wedding , the buffet a hog roast was absolutely smashing,service was attentive and courteous.
The rest of the hotel was lovely with charming quiet spaces for guests to relax. Breakfast was lovely with a wide choice from cereals,fresh fruit,pastries and full English breakfasts, and many more choices on the morning menu. Also breakfast 8 -10am and they also did a late breakfast which is great if you want a lie in.everything was lovely and clean.staff pleasant. Our only regret was we were not staying longer. I think we will return at sometime in the future

Room Tip: The mews at the back of the hotel is very quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeandAly
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that your recent visit to The Angel lived up to your expectations.

We certainly strive to provide quality service throughout all areas of the hotel and I am happy to hear that you found this to be true.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Angel in the future.

Bath
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My mother in law brought me here for lunch. I had the Vietnamese pulled pork burger and she had the crab starter. Really delicious food! We sat in the courtyard on a sunny day which was lovely. I had my 9 month old son with me and I can honestly say, they had the best changing facilities I've seen yet. Staff were also extremely friendly and helpful. Will come again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lvmb2009
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your lunch at The Angel.

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments. The Courtyard is a lovely place to enjoy a relaxed lunch; I am glad that you found this to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Angel in the future.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergavenny
Llansantffraed Court
#1 of 2 in Crickhowell
Abergavenny Hotel
Abergavenny Hotel
#3 of 29 in Abergavenny

Been to The Angel? Share your experiences!