This hotel has had a major refurb since most of the photos were posted and thank goodness our (standard) room had its own air con unit. There's an air of elegance noted when ambling around the corridors and main rooms. The interior designers have had a field day but have succeeded in creating a slightly clinical atmosphere. However on the whole this hotel did not live up to our expectations - we have experienced better not too far away at half the price. What a delight though to take afternoon tea in the courtyard, along with many others who had the same idea on a beautiful warm summer's day. The unnecessarily cluttered table ( dainty plates and teeny bowls en masse !) left little space to savour the delights of unexciting sandwiches on ditto breads and rather limp lettuce. Indeed the best part of this experience were the friendly helpful staff. I couldn't resist a full breakfast which although hyped as 'local produce' etc offered a solid tasteless sausage and bland bacon..... again on a very cluttered table which became difficult to eat at and which took oh so long to arrive. My partner was on the verge of going to Luigi's next door for his breakfast. Additionally he was displeased that after ordering coffee the cafetiere barely yielded one cup, The room we stayed in on the first floor was pretty sparse but ok - colour matched and neat! There was no room for bedside tables for our junk instead there was a large shelf above the pillows. We did not like the arrangement of bed clothes and had some concerns about hygiene. We've never before stayed in a hotel where the duvet is not enclosed in a fastened cover. This one was merely placed between two sheets so of course with twists and turns during the night we found ourselves sleeping directly under the duvet with the protective sheets disappearing off the bottom of the bed. The en suite bathroom had a super shower but there were no hooks to hang anything on and neither was there a shelf so all potions, toothbrushes etc needed to remain in the bedroom. We loved the hustle and bustle around but probably wouldn't choose to stay here again as there are much better options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish hotel and place to eat in the Brecon Beacons. Winner of The Tea Guild's prestigious Top City, Country Hotel Tea Award 2011 and AA Hotel of the Year Wales 2016/2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your The Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- Angel Hotel Abergavenny
- The Angel Abergavenny, Wales