“Great Food”

Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A lovely stay, but in need of tender loving care, inside and out. Looks unloved, however staff, atmosphere, food and comfort second to none, please spend some money on it to bring it back to life.

Plas D, General Manager at The Plas Derwen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Jacqui, thank you for your comments we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and the team made you feel welcome, we will pass your comments back to head office and hope to see you again in the future, kind regards Kate Williams

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you want good food at good prices the Plas Derwen is a good place to go. It is very comfortable and has different rooms in which to eat. I winter there is a roaring log fire and welcoming sofas to relax with a drink.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent location easy to find, clean and tidy, great food, friendly staff, spacious rooms, good value for money

Kate W, General Manager at The Plas Derwen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind comments. Hope to see you again.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with wife, son and daughter in law for Sunday lunch. Inside, pleasant and comfortabl - outside I thought gardens could do with some TIC. Ordered the Sunday mixed meat platter - which was quite well prepared and cooked - and was good value for money. Veg was rather watery however - but still quite enjoyable. Service was prompt and courteous. Bar prices especially for the soft drinks were, I thought, expensive - I believe a bottle of diet Sprite or it may have been 7 Up was £2.60. Would I go there again? Yes. All I all pleasant but not outstanding as I had led to be believed by friends who go there quite often

Thank you for your feedback, i will be sure to pass comments on to head office. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have visited on many occasions and always received good food and service, however very disappointing on latest visit. I opted for the gammon and did not want to eat chips and asked for a jacket potato as alternative - they don’t do jacket potatoes!! I then opted for a salad which was the most basic, a few rocket leaves (out of a packet) a tomato sliced and loads of slices of red onion. The gammon tasted lovely but apart from that basic. My husband had the burger which was nice, the only word I can describe as it was nothing special. Would I go back - not for food.

Kate W, Manager at The Plas Derwen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback, any feedback is used to improve all our services.
Firstly allow me to apologise for any failings in your visit, I will be forwarding your feedback to our head office on the matters raised.

Please feel free to contact myself directly on 01873 853 144