“Excellent Meal”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I went with my son last night for a family celebration having been recommended Kong's by friends. Excellent quality, an friendly staff. We will be back for sure!

2  Thank neilmoir

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had friday special indonesian fried rice and lamb with spring onion and garlic. Food was delicious and full of flavours. Will certainly recommend.

1  Thank Subrata M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited this lovely cosy Chinese twice whilst staying in Abergavenny, it was lovey and tasty food, as Chinese is my favourite, but a bit TOO generous on the starters!!

I ordered BBQ Spare Ribs for starter the first night and they were tasty but huuuuge!!! The waitress simply said I could "always take it home" if it was too much - which I couldn't because I was staying in a B & B and did not want to make the whole place smell of takeaway!! There were 6 or 7 giant spare ribs from a fully grown pig, but it felt like the entire ribcage - especially when coming back up again at 3 oclock in the morning...!!! So please beware.

The Prawn Sesame Toast on the other hand was divine and the best I have ever tasted!! :D

1  Thank Rosemary1978
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have been diagnosed as coeliac for over 2 years now and the thing I have missed the most is a Chinese! I found out that my local Chinese catered for coeliacs and I called to see what they could offer. The lady I spoke to was really helpful on the phone and I had lots more choice than I thought I would and my meal was amazing! Can't wait to have another one soon

1  Thank Chrissie_Seven
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Four friends meeting up for a meal & chat. Our friends ordered a set menu, we ordered just main meals. Our friends were asked on countless occasions whether they would like their starters as starters or with our main meals. In the end they got fed up with being asked & said to bring it out whenever it was ready. Which happened to be the same time as our main dishes!! A lot of fuss over something that should have been simple!
Apart from this, the food was excellent & reasonably priced.

1  Thank Gail S