“The best high tea!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“The best high tea!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have had afternoon tea at The Angel a few times, there is nowhere better! Service and food excellent and if you cannot manage it the friendly staff will box up the rest.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JKAbergavenny
Charlotte G, Manager at Afternoon Tea at the Angel, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review; the best high tea.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your most recent high tea at The Angel and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
“Exceptional place to visit”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I had the pleasure of having afternoon tea at this establishment and it was delightful. The staff were exceptional, very attentive and polite. The Tea was served with a good selection of sandwiches ,savouries and pastries which were all freshly made and delicious. I would highly recommend a visit and will look forward to returning there again soon. Thank you Angel Hotel for a most enjoyable afternoon.

2 Thank Pam J
Charlotte G, Manager at Afternoon Tea at the Angel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback; exceptional place to visit.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your afternoon tea at The Angel with exceptional staff and tea served with a good selection of food items.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Monmouthshire, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was bought afternoon for myself by friends for my birthday and what a treat it was, there was so much choice and was glad I had not eaten anything that day before going there.

The staff were very friendly and made me feel very special.

The lovely touch was that if you could not manage all the food laid out it was packed in a lovely ribbon tied box for you to take home and enjoy later( if you had room)

If visiting Abergavenny this is a must.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank sarah w
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your review of The Angel's afternoon tea.

We strive to provide our guests with outstanding levels of service and fresh, quality food and I am happy you found this to be true.

We hope to welcome you back to The Angel Hotel for another wonderful treat in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
“High tea perfection!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

If you are in Abergavenny please just go to this place! I cannot fault it-beautiful building and restaurant, incredible staff and the food...well!!!! They happily accommodated our baby girl and we were never made to feel a nuisance (there was a bit of a flap until she settled!).

Go hungry and leave very very happy that's all I can say. Perfect and will tell anyone that will listen!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Loricase
Dear Guest,

It is with great pleasure I read your review about our High Tea at The Angel.

I will make sure to share this lovely review with the rest of the team and we look forward to welcoming you and your baby girl back soon, for another treat.

Kind Regards,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“The Angel, high tea”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were made to feel welcome by friendly and professional staff. The food was beautifully presented, plenty to eat and made to a high standard. By the number in the dining-room, the good word has got around!

1 Thank Rocks37
Charlotte G, Manager at Afternoon Tea at the Angel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your high tea at The Angel which was accompanied with professional and friendly staff.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.