“Something different”
Review of Gurkhar Corner

Gurkhar Corner
Ranked #9 of 100 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport, United Kingdom
“Something different”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had a lovely meal here with my family. The service was excellent and they catered for my two sons without question . I liked how you could change the 'hotness' of your meal depending on your own personal taste. We will be going back!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Plumb72

Abergavenny
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Not your usual curry house, Nepalese food cooked to a very high standard, and served by very friendly staff A little bit pricier than similar restaurants in the area, but good value nonetheless.
My only issue is that the takeaway ordering service can be a bit hit and miss, and the takeaway menu is quite small. Would still highly recommend despite these minor shortcomings.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank WelshmanAbergavenny
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Different food”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Some items similar to Chinese but different .We had a selection and enjoyed everyone of them.The service was attentive .A whole range of different flavours .I going again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Wallbender2
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Just what the chef ordered.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I arrived from Plymouth today. And we decide to head out for dinner and by chance found this restaurant. We walked into a lovely dining area and were greeted and given choice of seating. We ordered drinks there set menu of a starter, in which the grill tiger prawn were delish and the salad was crisp and light. The main course was a selection if lamb dish, chicken, steamed rice,Dahl ( lentils) and potato dish. In addition to a sweet and savoury nan breads. All excellently prepared and very good. Very filling and dessert follows with grilled pineapple, doughnut type ball and dark chocolate parcel. Excellent. The staff were friendly and professional and I would highly recommend it. Would love to go again.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank nightstalker1975
Wales, UK
“Delicious”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have just had a takeaway for the first time and found it delicious. I had a prawn dish (called something like rara prawns?!) which came with seafood rice.

The four large king prawns had been chargrilled (or similar) which gave them a great flavour, the sauce was delivered in a separate container so I could add it as I liked. I could really taste the subtle flavours of the ingredients and spices and it was a nice change to have a curry that was not engulfed with an oily ghee laden sauce. We also shared Peshware and Chilli/Coriander naan breads which were very tasty.

The whole family enjoyed their meals and agreed that we will go here again.

Just one tip - because the sauce was delivered in a separate container (which is fine with me), it did not stay as warm as sauces do usually, and had gone slightly cool by the time it arrived and needed to be reheated a little bit.

• Visited March 2014