“Fantastic!”
Review of The Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abergavenny
The Guest House
Ranked #4 of 30 Abergavenny B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Well never have i stayed at such a fantastic B@B. Rooms spotless,Jenny and Kevin had thought of everything down to cotton buds,tissues and bathrobes.The breakfast was lovely,you can request anything you fancy. Nothing is to much trouble. I will be back.......Be warned!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Guest House

Reviewed 10 November 2011

Really freindly with a warm welcome. Stayed for one night on 8 November. Made to feel like a freind.
The breakfast is stunning. Really made the effort. Unlike some places where they count the number of baked beans, I was truly full up with quality grub!!
Really fresh home baked bread a treat.
First class Jenny.
Steve

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

The Guest House in Abergavenny hosted us for just two nights in October, but we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and agree that the breakfast was second to none (fresh eggs from the hens out back -- how often do you get to enjoy something so wonderful as that?). Jenny was helpful in pointing out some local spots for us to visit on our short stay, and the staff was friendly and our room spotless. We highly recommend The Guest House, especially for casual travelers like us who are looking for a comfortable home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The Guest House exemplifies all the reasons to stay in a B&B over a hotel: friendliness, personality, and charm. I began an email exchange with proprietress Jenny before taking our trip, as she offered up advice about our two-week trek across Wales. I came to feel she was a friend before we even left the States. Once in Wales, and few days before our arrival in Abergavenny, I emailed her about our arrival time and mentioned that my girlfriend and I had gotten engaged (on a heather-covered Welsh mountaintop, as it turns out). When we showed up at her door, she greeted us with champagne and congratulations banner. Try getting that at a Travelodge.

Our stay was joy, starting with the great breakfasts. (No, all poached eggs are not alike; when the eggs are fresh from the backyard the yolks are deep orange and very rich.) Jenny gave us good of advice on things to see and do in her handsome and bustling town, including a hike up Sugar Loaf (windy but worth it) and afternoon tea at the Angel Hotel (expensive but worth it). Jenny’s vivacious personality is offset by her quieter partner, Kevin, who kindly showed us around the backyard animal menagerie and gave us a lift to the train station. I’ve traveled fairly extensively across the UK but this was our first time in Wales. Wonderful, friendly place. Just like the Guest House.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2011

The Guest House is a very friendly and comfortable place to say. It helps if you don't mind cats and two parrots in the dining room (as well as slightly risque but highly amusing stories about them) - for me, they added charm and interest to a very pleasant two days, staying with friends while attending a wedding. Breakfast was first class, with eggs straight from the chickens at the back. I slept very well in my double room (Blorenge) which was smallish but well appointed, with en-suite facilities and lots of extra touches such as a dressing gown, flannel, toiletries and a good supply of tea, coffee, biscuits, hot chocolate and soup, some of which many more expensive hotels choose not to provide. Kevin and Jenny were very helpful, ensuring that we could park, providing local information, and giving a lift into town in the evening without being asked. The Guest House has a well deserved high reputation and there is no doubt that Kevin and Jenny would do their very best to resolve any problems without delay, should there be any.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2011

In late September my brother in law and myself were doing a motorcycle tour of South Wales and were looking for a B & B. The B & B had to be motorcyclist friendly, secure parking, good food, clean rooms and friendly owners. This proved not an easy task. However we found everything we needed and more at "The Guest House" . The extra bonus was the fantastic local knowledge of the owners, who gave us some great motorcycle routes.
The best recommendation I can give is that we will be returning for a further stay next year,
as they say so many good roads, so few days.
Fellow motorcyclists, Give the Guest House a try, you wont be disapointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I would thoroughly recommend The Guest House to anyone making a trip to Abergavenny. If you travel as part of your job (like me) and are tired of boring, bland hotels, this is the place for you. Jenny, Kevin and Sandy make you feel very welcome and it really is a home from home. If you are a cat lover like myself, you will enjoy making the acquaintance of their lovely cats. I have been to Abergavenny twice on business and stayed at the Guest House both times in two different rooms, both of which were lovely, clean and homely with thoughtful little extras like a cork screw, water, tea and coffee making facilities and books.

Breakfast is a real treat. I had the full cooked breakfast on two mornings and it was absolutely delicious. I can also thoroughly recommend the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. There are cereals, a lovely fruit salad and fresh strawberries available too so you are really spoilt for choice.

The Guest House is an oasis for the weary traveller who is tired of poor service and bland hotel rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front face the road but it is a quiet, residential street. Rooms at the back overlook t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergavenny
The Angel
#2 of 30 in Abergavenny
Deri-Down Guest House
Deri-Down Guest House
#7 of 30 in Abergavenny

Been to The Guest House? Share your experiences!