“Best place to stay in Abergavenny!”
Review of The Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abergavenny
The Guest House
Ranked #4 of 30 Abergavenny B&B and Inns
Saskatoon
“Best place to stay in Abergavenny!”
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Jenny's guest house is the best bed and breakfast in Abergavenny. The rooms are tidy, and extremely comfortable. You are provided with a delicious breakfast every morning with a wide selection. We enjoyed watching the chickens, roosters, and pigs in the backyard, very entertaining!

Jenny and Kevin are wonderful hosts and they made us feel completely at home. We would most definitely return to stay at the Guest House if ever back in Abergavenny. Thank you very much!!!

Yvonne, Nicole and Christy

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Trafford
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Returning to Abergavenny for our wedding anniversary we looked on TripAdvisor for ideas where to stay. The Guest House was the No.1 B&B based on customer feedback. The reviews were glowing and I have to say we were not disappointed.
The breakfast was fantastic with an amazing choice - check out the breakfast menu on their web-site but believe me it does not do it justice for choice and quality. We did not eat again until dinner !!
The double room we booked was spotlessly clean and comfortable with TV and a wide range of drinks, biscuits and even cup a soups available on tap.
The owners Jenny and Kevin were so friendly (as were the staff) and made us most welcome providing plenty of ideas as to where to go and what to see in the area and we were thoroughly entertained by the two resident parrots. We could hardly tear ourselves away from their hilarious banter.
We noticed that a number of guests were making return visits which is always a good sign and we can now see why.
Altogether we felt it was not so much a weekend stay but a wonderful experience and one I would recommend to anyone looking for accommodation in Abergavenny

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Sorry for the delay, Jenny, but life off of vacation is chaos!

We stayed only one night, back at the start of May. I had mis-booked the place we were going to afterwards and pre-paid it, so that only left the one night with Jenny and her crew in our itinerary. It was like going home to a relative's house - back yard full of chickens, bunnies, budgies, turtle, ducks,... lovely, just lovely. Spent a quiet evening, after a quick take-away supper bought from a baker downtown (a very short, pleasant walk) in Jenny's front room, watching Dr. Who on Sky TV and then playing with the various critters (lovely orange tabby cat, sweet older dog). Breakfast the next day could not be beat. We are not heavy eaters, but we did stuff ourselves that day. Jenny makes a mean French Toast (and has maple syrup stashed away for those of you who like it) and the rest is served buffet style. She pleasantly accommodated my daughter's special dietary needs. Wish I hadn't goofed up, I'd have liked to have stayed for several days - it seems there is some good walking in the hills nearby, with castles to visit. Perhaps the next time the dollar does well against the pound the the airlines are bargaining we can get back and spend longer. Summary - If you want something low-key and relaxing this place is just the ticket! (Speaking of tickets, we didn't realize you can take the train from London to Abergavenney, and so we rented a car. Take the train if you can, as the streets are extremely narrow.) And be sure to say "hi" to Alfie the parrot and don't be surprised at anything he says back! : ) Thanks for a lovely day, Jenny.

• Stayed May 2009
3 Thank Momzillasd
South Wales
Reviewed 27 May 2009

The Guest House is spotlessly clean, very comfortable and excellent value for money. Jenny went out of her way to make me feel welcome and provide a lovely breakfast. I'd definitely stay here again if I needed to stop overnight in Abergavenny.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Steve-the-tourist
USA
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Rooms are spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast is well prepared, delicious and offered in very generous servings. The grounds are well maintained. The animals are well kept and provide much interest. Jenny and Kevin are in my opinion the consummate hosts. They will do what ever they can to make your stay an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2007
1 Thank taffscott
LEEDS
Reviewed 22 May 2009

From the moment I arrived at The Guest House I knew I had made the right choice in accomodation. I was greeted by Kevin who kindly carried my very heavy bag upto my room. My room was spotless & bright with plenty of fresh towels, bathrobe, tea & coffee etc...

As a female travelling alone I felt safe & secure. There was always someone around to chat to or the guest lounge provided entertainment with wi-fi, Sky TV & a Nintendo Wii. I felt safe walking (less than 10 minutes, 'on the flat') into the town centre, with a lovely selection of shops & cafes.

The breakfasts were just fab! I recently stayed at the 5* Celtic Manor and Jennys' breakfasts were better. Jenny will cater for all guests needs, I saw her prepare Halal, Gluten free & vegetarian breakfasts. I opted for fresh fruit salad & full English with eggs fresh from the chickens in the garden, delicious!!!

Jenny & Kevin are so kind & friendly. I even joined them for their family Sunday Roast Dinner, which again was simply great.

The animals (too many to list them all) were all gentle, friendly & well behaved. The animals add to the relaxed, homely feel.

Jenny has a vast local knowledge and can advise you where to walk, eat, shop etc...

I have already booked to return to The Guest House and i'm sure you will too after your visit!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank HOLIDAY_SARAH
Burton on Trent
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We travelled from the Midlands and based our choice upon reviews we read with Tripadvisor. What the place lacks in parking, it more than makes up for in accommodation / service. The food and welcome were just fantastic. We would highly recommend The Guest House to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abergavenny
The Angel
#3 of 30 in Abergavenny
Black Lion Guest House
Black Lion Guest House
#26 of 30 in Abergavenny

Been to The Guest House? Share your experiences!