“Tempting Combinations”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Tempting Combinations”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

6 June's menu was (as always), absolutely full of tempting combinations. I had never tried Razor Clams, so to find them on the menu was brilliant. They were served with a lovely, spicy Chorizo. Next was Pork Loin With Bubble & Squeak And Salsa Verde - gorgeous! To follow was creamy Lemon Posset With plump Strawberries And crisp Cantucci - a great end to the meal. A bottle of chilled white to drink before & during the meal, along with a good, strong espresso and hand made truffles afterwards made an already superb meal into an amazing one. With friendly, professional & perfectly timed service, along with an exciting and expertly crafted menu, Matt & Lisa have a venue that any foodie should head for.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank RobinC35

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Oh boy I'm full !!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We got greedy with the starters as they all appealed so much which was our mistake, very tasty & very healthy portions so excellent value too. The pasta & ragu delightfully rich & creamy texture was my favourite. I couldn't do the main course justice and certainly no pud. I like the fact it is straight forward honest food both seasonal and packed with flavour. It was surprisingly quiet as compared to it's competitor the Hardwick don't know why because it's just as good & perhaps because of it better and it gave Matt the opportunity to come and talk after service which made the evening very special. Thanks

• Visited April 2014
“Great Food! A little Gem”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing meal at this lovely place - great to see Matt Tebbutt there and his lovely wife and everything on top form!

If you are in the area and a foodie, well worth a visit!

1 Thank Brummiefoodie
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Excellent and personal experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at The Foxhunter for a birthday treat. The food was excellent but what made the experience was there ability to cater for specific dietary requirements. Matt Tebbutt came out of the kitchen to talk to us about how the menu could be adapted for gluten free for me and lactose free for my daughter. The meal that followed was very good but the most memorable bit was the suggestion from Matt of a special pudding (there was nothing on the menu lactose free) for my daughter which she loved. As we left he came an spoke to her to find out if it was alright, it was excellent and certainly made the evening for her. Thank you to everyone at the Foxhunter for a lovely evening.

• Visited May 2014
Newport, United Kingdom
“The Foxhunter - brilliant!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was treated to dinner here by a friend and have him to thank for introducing me to this brilliant place. The lady who served us was very friendly which made us feel comfortable, and the service was perfectly timed. My meal of Truffled Potato Soup, Chargrilled Sirloin, Rice Pud with Caramel Sauce & Rum Raisins was very good. I want to go back regularly! I recommend you try it.

• Visited April 2014