“Fabulous flavourful food at a great price”

Riverside Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 105 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Price range: US$0 - US$55
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Checked in at 2 and they kept the kitchen open for me to have some lunch after my drive to Wales. I ordered the chirizo and spinach pasta with mixed peppers and it was gorgeous!

That evening I dined with them and had chicken with garlic mash and red cabbage which had orange and carraway in - it was one of the tastiest things I have ever enjoyed in a hotel restaurant.

Service was great and excellent value for money.

Highly recommend!

There are newer reviews for Riverside Restaurant

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had two fairly average meals here a couple of years ago but noticed the management had changed so thought we'd give it another go as the view from the restaurant is superb. We were having lunch and picked from a menu that had been printed that day. We looked at the A la Carte menu which seemed to be unchanged from our last visits. We had twice baked cheese soufflé and spatchcocked Quail to start followed by pork fillet with a wild mushroom sauce and chocolate mousse for dessert. The starters and mains were ok but very unexciting whereas the mousse was good. The restaurant is starting to look tired and in need of redecoration. We're in our 50s but most of the other customers were significantly older than us and intent on discussing all their ailments so not a great atmosphere. There are better restaurants in Crickhowell and Abergavenny which are very close.

1  Thank SugarloafView
Reviewed 3 January 2014

right, I recently came here knowing that I have heard lots about this place. The waiters came with the menu. All I can say is shocking, there was nothing on the menu for older siblings and younger ones to. The age range is 8 and 90 and fair play it was my Nans 90th and to our disappoint we had to leave. To make it worse the menu was truly over priced to compere to other restaurant.For what it was is disgusting.Put it this way we will be never coming back!!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I recently visited the Llanwenarth Arms on a works christmas meal. We often visit at christmas.
The food was of a high standard. All 3 courses were brilliant and I could fault the food. The staff were also very friendly and pleasant.
The only thing which we found strange was that we were seated on two tables and not all together, which we could not understand due to there only being one other couple there on our visit, and there would have been plenty of room for us to be all together. In fact, the restaurant often has plenty of available tables which I fail to understand due to the high quality of the food.
Can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

In 2003 I was recommended to LLanwenarth Hotel for lunch by Keith Price Garages.
The food and service given was excellent.
Consequently I have been there with either relatives or guests on numerous occasions every year since and never been let down by poor food or service. Until today 18-12-13.
On my arrival with 2 guests at 1200 there were piles of dead leaves outside the front door, of not recent arrival.
Something I had not ever seen before.
Once inside, 2 young ladies were acting as waitresses in what can at best be described as a casual manner.
I ordered Rump of Lamb on savoy cabbage etc. Whilst the portion was adequate, two thirds was fat and gristle-inedible!.
I mentioned this to the Waitress and had to repeat myself as I did not think she had made any response the first time.
My two guests and I ordered desert
The waitress brought 3 spoons (no fork) and haphazardly dropped one to the right of each guest and mine to my LEFT and quickly moved on..
Although only 4 tables were taken (unusual for Llanwenarth) we waited ages for our pudding to arrive..
My bread and butter pudding- was just that-bread!.
Most disappointed after 10 years of exemplary dining.
The new ownership has lost my custom- Sorry.

3  Thank EDDY W