“Never again!”
Review of Castle Tea Gardens - CLOSED

Castle Tea Gardens
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I am a concerned resident of Conwy, I visited here for the first time in years and was appalled!! The place was dirty and the staff were indifferent to the point of rudeness, thank god I was not a visitor!! There was what I take to be an owner who took the money, and she did nothing but sneer at all times to all who came and went. A definite need for a visit from Environmental Health for the cafe and charm school for at least one member of the staff, all except for one girl with dark hair who was serving and certainly carrying the rest. Not a nice place at all, will NEVER waste my money going there again, and in all honesty if I could give a lower rating then I would!

1  Thank daviesConwy

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The food was tasty and great value for money, and my lovely lamb chops were cooked perfectly. My boyfriend enjoyed his wrap very much too and we both thought it was a great place for a quick lunch. We went on a Sunday and it was full of elderly people and dogs, which is perfect for us as we like a peaceful atmosphere when we eat. There was an extremely noisy little sparrow by our table who was obviously after some of our chips, and he was creating quite a bit of fuss. It is a great place for lunch, and we would definitely return.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Standard café/tea room fayre cooked to order. Fresh and good value, and on a clear day its nice sitting in the gardens watching the world go by.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Beautiful gardened tearooms. Good selection of food, reasonably priced. Service was slow but that was expected as it was very busy. Ordered toasted cheese and onion sandwiches, after a 20 minute wait arrived untoasted. Notified the woman waiting on the tables, who suddenly became very unfriendly and grumpily walked off in a huff. Returned to tell us we had "wait awhile if we wanted them toasted" she then didn't speak to us again, even when she brought our ordered, not even an apology. As the cafe emptied, the tables became very cluttered as she couldn't keep up with clearing and bringing food out. They possibly need to hire another member of staff.
The have a upper terraced area, that has a sign to say no waitress service upstairs. We did want to sit there but didn't after reading the sign. However, a few families sat up there, the woman still continued to take their food upto them but grumbling as she did so.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

We enjoyed our evening meal here. The menu had a good choice and as a veggie, I could choose from a number of dishes. The price was good for the size of the portions. The service was a little on the slow side, but not too bad and they seemed friendly.
It was just what I was looking for when most other places seemed to offer pub grub or fancypants food. Ideal if you're stopping away and want something that wont break the bank.