“Great view from roof”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great view from roof”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We popped in for a sandwich after visiting the castle. Entering the garden you order from a counter. We chose to climb up from the garden to sit on the roof and were asked to remove any leftovers when we left because of the gulls which are pretty determined but no real trouble. We weren't certain what to expect as the place is a bit ketchupy but our sandwiches were excellent and I had a glass of ice cold milk, really nice as I try to avoid sugary drinks. The view from the roof was excellent.

Abertillery, United Kingdom
“An Oasis of Coolness”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This cafe doesn't look particularly appealing or welcoming from the outside, but we were hot and hungry, so we went in. We were pleasantly surprised by the covered outdoor eating area, which shielded us from the sun and faintly resembled a Greek taverna. We expected to be waited on, but, instead, had to queue at a hatch to place our order and pay. There was nothing slick about the running of this establishment, rather it felt more retro, more homespun. If the service was a bit strange, my sandwich nullified all doubts: it contained the tastiest ham I'd had that week, and my coffee was excellent, too.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“80's Transport style cafe!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Step back in time to a 1980's style transport café. The main problem was how dirty the overall place was. You have to queue up at a hatch to order your food, the lady that served me was very grumpy and pointed to where I had to collect cutlery, sauces etc. The Cutlery holder was filthy! Once the food came, both myself and my husband had ordered all day breakfasts and they were swimming in oil. My egg was undercooked, and the bacon was so cooked you could only just get your teeth through it. Both of our children had the kids sandwich, crisps and drink pack and the drink was the cheapest brightly coloured drink I have ever seen-very cheap. So, for 2 breakfasts and 2 children's sandwich packs , and a diet coke it came to £20.00!!!!

2 Thank Babenbasil
wigan
“Great club sandwich”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great outdoor eating area at the rear good simple menu the club sandwich was great ordered it with a bowl of chips but really didn't need to the sandwich was so filling nice fresh ingredients certainly one to revisit next tome in Conwy

Visited March 2014
Lancashire
“Great cafe”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had wondered round conwy and found this cafe as we was walking down the street.

Seating is inside, undercover and outside, we had a dog so we sat undercover outside which is huge and ideal for dog walkers, walkers and coach parties or large groups.

Food menu is vast and excellent value for money and superbly cooked. We would highly recommend this cafe and will definitely return.

Don't miss the opportunity if visiting conwy.

• Visited March 2014