“Fabulous location”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of TY PEN Y BRYN

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cattycat2...
“Fabulous location”
Reviewed 30 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Had a pleasant stay in this very well equipped house in the most convenient location of Conwy. Clean house, comfortable beds, a real home away from home. Will stay here again when visiting Conwy in the future. Thanks Andy.
Regards, Catherine, Brisbane, Australia

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
c33278876
“Great location but needed a good clean!”
Reviewed 14 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Ideal for exploring Conwy. But very dusty, tiles missing in the bathroom, wallpaper coming off and a dodgy plug in the main bathroom. Sweet garden with views of the castle but overgrown with weeds. Kitchen well equipped but again needed a deep clean. A shame as owner seemed pleasant and efficient. I took some photos to prove the above. I work hard during the week and didn't have the energy to clean on arrival. A lick of paint and some much needed maintenance would make the world of difference to this sweet cottage :)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Jul 2015
I do not intend to respond the majority of the comments made but would point out that only one half tile was missing in the bathroom which was behind the wash basin pedistal & could only be seen by sitting on the floor.I was awaiting a replacement tile & this has now been put in place
Also there is a claim that there was a "dodgy "plug in the bathroom
I am totally confused by this comment as we all know that in the UK plugs are not allowed in bathrooms
As to the comments regarding the double bed it is obvious that the reviewer is not used to sleeping in a quality bed with soft springs
Nichola B
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable holiday”
Reviewed 10 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

I've just let Conwy after staying are week what are lovely place Conwy and where me and my partner stayed , I booked several months ago and I was very concerned when I seen the last review but after my stay I was shocked that it wasn't the case from the last review the cottage is nicely decorated and in good condition and very clean , I especially liked the tastefully decorated bathroom

stuart s
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“great holiday”
Reviewed 4 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

this cottage is great Conwy is a good starting point there is a railway station just down the street 2 min walk the cottage is a good location in the middle of the surrounding historic castle walls it has gch its like home from home all in all fantastic good will go again

Date of stay: September 2014
Travelling group: Other
Jan W
west yorkshire
“Dirty Smelly Cottage”
Reviewed 24 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

don’t normally write bad reviews but this was awful!
We arrived at the cottage and were immediately disappointed with the condition of the property. The cottage was dirty, smelly and in places very neglected. I am aware that this is a dog friendly cottage but did not expect to be met with such a strong smell of unwashed animals and furniture. We regularly stay in dog friendly establishments but have never had this issue before.

The cottage was so unclean that I spent the first evening trying to get it cleaned which was hardly a brilliant start to our holiday. Unfortunately due to the level of un-cleanliness I was unable to get the cottage to a state we would be happy with and so we only stayed one night and left.

Apart from the cleanliness the other issues with the cottage were:
• Missing tiles in the bathroom
• Bathroom door will not close
• Toilet seat is dangerously loose
• Leaking pipes over the back door
• Access to the fridge is very poor

I admit that I did not bother contacting the owner before we left as I felt there was little he could or would be able to do i.e. deep clean the place, re-tile the bathroom, re-hang the fridge door etc. And as per the other person who complained I didn’t expect a good response I just wanted to get out of there!
(I did contact him on our return - response negative!)
Please note that this cottage is listed twice on TA one with 8 positive reviews and one with 2 reviews one positive the other not, I have informed TA

Date of stay: September 2014
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
2 Oct 2014
This lady booked for 4 days & stayed for 4 days
One day after returning home she contacted me stating that she wanted her money back & hinting that if I did not comply she would write a poor review
When asked why she did not contact me at once as is required as a term of the let she replied that she never got around to it
When I stated that surely if the cottage was as awful as she claimed she would have taken photographs to prove the point the reply was again that she never got around to it
I will let you draw your own conclusions
Laverdabr...
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Will go again”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

A lovely little place, & very well equipped. Felt at home as soon as we walked in. Also a great location, close to the town centre. There were minor problems with some broken items, due to a previous occupant. Hopefully these should have been repaired by now.
Cannot really comment on VFM, as this is the 1st time we have stayed in S/C accommodation.
But we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, & will stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, nice atmosphere.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
jacquelin...
Southport, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

Well equipped and short walk into the lovely town of Conwy. Was a bit concerned about parking before we went but soon found some were to park a minutes walk away so it wasn't an issue.

Lots of places to visit nearby. We were very lucky with weather so all had a great holiday.

Date of stay: August 2014
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.