“Big DAVE”
Review of YHA Conwy

YHA Conwy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 December 2013

came for a couple of nights with my sister penny. I really cannot speak too highly of this hostel. I have stayed here before and the staff treat you as if you are the only guest and nothing is too much trouble for them.Being that i am living in London it is good to get away and back to civilisation and be with friends.The food is fantastic and I have a meal every evening that I stay. I shall be returning next week for a christmas break and so would like to say a big thank you to Eric and Julie and the team who make each trip bliss.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 December 2013

4 of us stayed here for just one night and we all decided we'd come back for an extended stay. The hostel itself is clean, well equipped, spacious and has the most helpful staff I've ever experienced. The area is quiet and beautiful with spectacular views all around. We didn't get a chance to explore the town much but it looked historic and picturesque. We did venture to Llandudno for breakfast which is only a 5 minute drive away. Another beautiful town right on the seaside. We only wished we could've stayed for longer, thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Following a day on the mountains ; we stayed overnight at YHA-Conwy. The excellent facilities, including a lift to help those with "special-needs" were superb.
The upper observation-deck is an stunning asset, with fantastic views.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The staff were amazing, going out of their way to make my stay the best it could be. I have never come across such excellent customer service. They were always smiling, incredibly helpful and couldn't do more for you. I had an evening meal both days I was there and I can honestly say it was the nicest food I have had in along time. The portions were generous and just what was needed after long days on the hills. They even did me a packed breakfast to take with me the day I left as I was leaving before the kitchen opened. There is a lot of space throughout the hostel so you never feel like you're on top of other people and I has the TV lounge to myself both evenings. I would recommend this YHA to anyone but especially solo travellers as it is so welcoming. I'll definitely be back when I'm down for my next training days in Jan/Feb.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

For touring by bicycle this was a good, low cost, comfortable accomodation. There were three people in a two bunk bedded room. It was a bit of a tight squeeze, I prefer more room to spread out. The location is good and there are nice views from the observation lounge. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Seed-Drill
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is the place to go if you want good food and good sleep! Breakfast and dinner was excellent, and we looked forward to the dinner menu every day. Portions were generous, and meals prepared by Carolyn and her team were delicious! (In comparison, moving on to other YHAs was a disappointment thereafter). The staff (Julianne, Gareth, Ben, James, and Hayley Louise, among others) were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and had a good view (they all do). However, if you're on the big side, the shower is a bit small and requires strategic movement. The hostel is on top of a hill, and has a fantastic view of Conwy and Llandudno. It's a bit of a hike up from town, but taxis fares are very reasonable (£2.80 to town, £4 to Llandudno Junction train station). And the hostel has a lift!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Conwy Youth Hostel is light, bright, clean, and has extremely friendly and very helpful staff. Its location is very convenient to the castle and town of Conwy, and has excellent views! There is room to spread out throughout the hostel, and a good TV also! The kitchen is great to cook in, having lots of space and appliances to use. I would recommend it to anyone. Can't beat the price for a comfortable dorm room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conwy
Castle Hotel
YHA Snowdon Pen-Y-Pass
YHA Snowdon Pen-Y-Pass
#2 of 22 in Caernarfon
Gwynfryn Bed and Breakfast

Been to YHA Conwy? Share your experiences!