“Excellent hotel with super friendly staff”
Review of Castle Hotel

Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Conwy
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for a Saturday night at this lovely hotel. It's very individual style was a refreshing change to the corporate uniformity of many hotels we have stayed in and this added to the charm of the hotel. But by far and away the best thing was the staff. From Brian who checked us in to the young man who raced upstairs to turn our shower off when it got stuck ( okay okay that shouldn't have happened but it was easily resolved) every staff member we encountered was absolutely lovely. The hotel management should be justly proud of them.
And on to the food..... We ate lunch, dinner and breakfast here and it was brilliant. The light bite haddock risotto was anything but, it was gorgeous and filling - I had liver pâté which was just right. We ate in the garden and although breezy it was fabulous for late March. For dinner I had salmon and although the risotto that accompanied it wasn't the best risotto I have ever eaten was perfectly tasty. My husband had guinea fowl and thought it excellent. Welsh cheeses completed our meal. The restaurant and bar were crowded showing that there were other very satisfied customers in attendance. The breakfast menu is extensive including the usual full Welsh, haddock, kippers, continental meats. My husband had the works but I had muesli which was absolutely scrummy. I forwent the cooked course, preferring instead to have a second bowl. Beautiful. All in all I loved this place and am looking forward to returning.

2  Thank barbielloyd

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed for one night , this was a social deal £115 dinner bed and breakfast.
On arrival , room 210 beautiful , had a couple of drinks in the lounge .. Lovely .
Returned to room for shower ... No hot water in sink , bath or shower . No reply from reception .
Eventually after trying for half hour husband who never complains spoke to reception .
He was told it was an air pocket and to keep running the taps , which the sink couldn't drain!
So with a cat lick we went down for dinner ,, which could not be faulted .
Breakfast good too .
Time to go home and get a bath!!
Overall . Lovely hotel , attentive staff .
Would return but not to room 210

Room Tip: Not room 210
1  Thank shaznfran
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the premium rooms after purchasing a deal from a social site. I was a little unsure as I had never purchased on of these deals before.
The room looked amazing when we arrived. The room was a good size and decorated beautifully. The mirror in our room was stunning. There were tea and coffee making faculties provided in the room with a packet of cookies. The room also had a TV and CD player.
There were a few things which I would have kept up with the luxury feel of the room and I think it only right that I leave an honest review. The duvet cover looked as though it had been hacked by a pair of scissors at the bottom. There was no buttons or similar to close the sheet. This was covered up when we arrived in the room but during the night this caused the duvet to fall out of the sheet.
Being on the first floor, we could hear the creaky floor boards from the rooms above but that is to be expected in an older building. I am an exceptionally light sleeper so it did bother me a bit.
One other little moan is that the water pressure wasn't great so there was a strange noise when the taps were used in the bathroom.
Other than that we really enjoyed our stay.
We ate at the restaurant in the evening. The food was lovely and the restaurant staff were really attentive. They did a great job.
We had breakfast the following morning. There was a good choice and again the staff were brilliant.
We really enjoyed our stay I just thought I would mention the few easily remedied issues. This didn't ruin our stay in anyway and we didn't feel a need to complain.

2  Thank Morehols1
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Called in the bar for lunch last weekend on the way back home after a great couple of days in Wales.
My wife had the ‘Posh Fish & Chips, me, the Burger and both were excellent.
Service was friendly and efficient and the room was comfortable.
Could have stayed all afternoon such was the ambience and comfort of the room.
Recommended.

1  Thank timchambola
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at the castle hotel for 2 nights for our honeymoon. The room was a deluxe room and was very comfortable. It featured a corner bath located in the room which was perfect for relaxing and the 'his and hers' sinks in the bathroom added to the luxury! The room included castle views, an LCD TV on the wall and a Bose radio. The room was probably more than we normally would pay but as this was a special occasion we are glad we did. We ate in the hotel's restaurant called Shakespeare's both nights and the food was 'out of this world'! We would definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant to anyone wanting a romantic getaway.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hidden gem! A real home from home. Staff from onset, friendly, welcoming & super efficient. Fabulous large room with every comfort required. Food amazing especially the breakfast!!! Just one problem, one night was not enough! Definitely will be returning very soon. A1 hotel in every way!!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The castle hotel is the only 4 star in Conwy ,as I had just stayed in a 4 star in Llandudno I had something to base the price on it was 20 pounds dearer. No tea pot in room, only 1 pack of biscuits between 2 people ,no face flannels ,and no dressing gowns. The shower in room 210 went from a fountain to a drip.
The evening meal was very good and cost was 90 pounds for 3 courses including 2 drinks each.However the breakfast was let down by hardly any fresh fruit and a tomato sauce bottle bought to the table ,not very 4 star. Overall I would consider it more 3 star than 4 .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conwy
The Quay Hotel & Spa
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa
St. George's Hotel
St. George's Hotel
#16 of 60 in Llandudno

Been to Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!