“3rd world culture! worse service!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“3rd world culture! worse service!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Been in this "Cafe!" twice! Why did i go the second time the first time wasn't good!!

Ordered a coffee and cake & Tea & cake, ok so far. my Wife spat out the first bite of her cake because the cream was off, getting worse. The waitress offered her another cake the same as the first!! no thanks; so i bit into mine, dubiously; as it was the guy chatting up the waitress sat on the edge of the seat opposite me picking his nose, that put me off mine! Hardly an apology, no interest from the staff and no more custom from me. This place will close soon and the Conwy Culture will improve for the better! WHO runs this place!!

First bad review I have ever put on this site but sometimes you need to react.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anthony1950

Conwy, United Kingdom
“No Interest In Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went here for a quick brunch this morning. Weren't very hungry so just ordered a light snack. The food was plentiful and came really well presented but the customer service was atrocious.
When we came to order the waitress could not have been more disinterested. Asked for garlic mayonnaise and was told "they didn't have any" wasn't until after I pointed out that it states it on the menu that she went to the kitchen and got some, weren't given any cutlery and wasn't directed on where I could go and get some myself, wasn't until finding the condiments I saw it but by that point we'd almost finished luckily it was food we could eat without them!
Won't be going back as clearly some of the staff have no interest in customers and I like to be welcomed into a place when I go for food (no matter how casual the venue) rather than being felt like they wanted us to leave!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jessica C
“Rubish customer service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

After visiting the Castle, my wife and the kids went to this place to get something to eat. Three staff were standing behind the counter when we walked in, but they furtively disappeared backstage when they saw us, we had to call for service, the girl who eventually came, was rude, obnoxious and utterly useless. I told her that I never spend my money in any place where I feel not well treated, I took my family and we walked out. I am trying to find a contact address to the management team so that I can lodge a formal complaint.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Yolakah M
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Quick lunch ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch after seeing the castle. The girl serving was lovely and welcoming.
However after ordering the food it took approximately 45 minutes to arrive. We had not ordered meals only two panninis, a jacket potato and plain burger. The food arrived in stages and two of us finished before the last food arrived.
The quality was average and I felt did not really justify the prices.
Maybe they were short staffed but an explanation on the delay would have been appreciated.

1 Thank pamelawe
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely cafe near the castle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Surprised by the latest reviews of this place, I visited today and the place was almost full, food came out very quickly, and staff were very friendly. I had the fish and chips and it was a large portion for the price. Fish and batter were both flaky, fresh, and really tasty! Would definitely go back if I were in the area again.

1 Thank c p