“Wonderful Cakes......!”
Review of Tan Lan Bakery

Tan Lan Bakery
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Conwy
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This bakery in the High Street is a MUST VISIT when we come for a holiday in North Wales. Conwy is a lovely place to visit with so many attractions so it is no hardship to come back time and again to visit one so we can have some cake! The choice of savouries and cakes is truly amazing with quality to match. This time we both had a savoury pie (Chicken and Leek, and Steak and Ale) which were delicious when eaten later on our walk. The array of cakes took a while to choose from, and rather naughtily, we had two each, one eaten whilst going back to the car. The lady in the shop is always very friendly, and the cakes themselves......well, I havent had cakes like this anywhere in the UK. Absolutely delicious. There is a little sitting area too, which is always very clean and tidy for those who can't wait to eat them! If you eat elsewhere in the town, make sure you have enough room to try these cakes for afters! (just opposite Plas Mawr)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I rang ahead to order cakes for husband's birthday, as we would be holidaying in Conwy on his special day. Owner Emma was helpful from the start, suggesting what she could provide, and emailing her confirmation of my order. The cakes were ready for pick-up when I arrived; and they were absolutely delicious. A variety included carrot cake, coffee cake, frangipane, and others I couldn't identify before they were eaten... Delicious. Go try!

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Really gutted that when I went to the 'artisan' bakery the rolls are put in a bag. Once home, the bread was rock hard, like stone. Was awful. I couldn't eat it.

3  Thank Swailes_from_Wales
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We visited Tan Lan last weekend after a disappointing lunch elsewhere - we wanted to finish with a lovely dessert to brighten our day and it certainly did just that! The caramel topped vanillas are to die for and it is always busy but very well staffed and they are so friendly! Certainly will visit again :)

1  Thank Big72
Reviewed 26 August 2013

looked great but the baking lady was so rude to us we left and went to the conwy pantry instead. looked nice but i left with a bitter taste in my mouth

3  Thank Darren E E