Arrived late on Friday evening after long slow journey, and were met by Hugh who made sure we sorted our meal as it was nearly 8 and dinner finished at 8. Showed us to our room (11) which was a super room with very large bed, large bathroom with double basin, showers and spa bath, nice lounge area and small kitchen tea making room. it also had a nice balcony with table and chairs but not for us to us on a cool April rainy weekend.
Meal on Friday night was very good if slightly expensive. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was fine although the start time for breakfast is on the later side if you wanted to be up and out early.
Altogether and good relaxing weekend break in a quiet well appointed hotel set in a lovely quiet rural location. We used the pool on Sunday morning as breakfast did not start until 9, so had time to swim first. I would stay again but set off from home much earlier to avoid arriving stressed out, and would also look to obtain a better deal if available. Hugh did his best to make sure all went smoothly too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegant Edwardian country house is set in 3 acres of grounds with leisure facilities which includes swimming pool, sauna, gym and outdoor hot tub. We have charging points for electric cars and ample off-street parking. Situated in the Snowdonia National Park, we are in the heart of the countryside and yet only 1.5 Miles from the historic town of Conwy and less than 15 minutes' drive from the seaside resort of Llandudno (voted top UK seaside resort on Trip Advisor). We are easily accessible and well placed for both business and leisure stays. Our candlelit restaurant is highly recommended and is open 7 nights as week to residents and non-residents alike. Our seasonal menu offers a choice of starters, main courses and desserts and the food is freshly cooked to order, using local ingredients wherever possible. We can offer a great wine list to complement your food. Our location is convenient for Conwy, Llandudno, Bodnant Gardens, Mount Snowdon, Anglesey and we are a very useful stopping off point for those travelling to the Holyhead ferry terminal. Outdoor pursuits of walking, golf, mountain biking are all on our doorstep and just a short drive away, you will find the longest zip-wire in Europe and the only indoor surf resort at Surf Snowdonia - as well as plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy. Alternatively, you can just curl up with a good book in our comfortable lounge! A warm welcome awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sychnant Pass Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sychnant Pass House Hotel Conwy
- Sychnant Pass Country House Conwy, Wales