Here is a honest review of Pass house
1.Location - set in beautiful gardens and over looking the welsh valleys a well deserved 10/10
2.Welcome- Hugh is a lovely man and gives you the warmest of welcomes, very polite and not over bearing, a true gent 10/10
3.Guest House - Please note this is a guest house not a hotel so there is no bar, or reception but when Hugh is available he is always happy to arrange a drink for you.
Rooms - Now here is the biggest let down we had a family room £185-00 a night and although large, the room is in need of some TLC while the furniture is quite nice but some parts in need of repair, the family room had a cold feel to it, with its dated wall paper and blue carpet, plus cob webs on the main lights,the beds are in need of new mattresses as the main bed is very lumpy and the spare bed mattress is very thin and uncomfortable, also there is earth wires showing in the bath room and the bath room its self is indeed needing a make over plus a stand up shower would be a welcome addition,so I am afraid only a 5/10.
On a positive note the rest of the guest house is of a good standard and Nicely decorated and the pool, plus gym is a very good addition to the house.
4.The Meal- Very good quality and service was very good plus a good selection of wines,breakfast was of good quality with plenty to offer 7/10
All in all this was a pleasant trip and on the room, I am sure Hugh will be updating the family room soon, as he has only been in management of the House for two years, when the room is updated I am sure the stay would be of high quality.
Would I go back probably not as for £185 I think its a bit to steep as I have stayed in five star hotels at this price,I cannot comment on the other rooms, but on the a positive note Hugh is a Gentleman and the grounds of the hotel are beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegant Edwardian country house is set in 3 acres of grounds with leisure facilities which includes swimming pool, sauna, gym and outdoor hot tub. We have charging points for electric cars and ample off-street parking. Situated in the Snowdonia National Park, we are in the heart of the countryside and yet only 1.5 Miles from the historic town of Conwy and less than 15 minutes' drive from the seaside resort of Llandudno (voted top UK seaside resort on Trip Advisor). We are easily accessible and well placed for both business and leisure stays. Our candlelit restaurant is highly recommended and is open 7 nights as week to residents and non-residents alike. Our seasonal menu offers a choice of starters, main courses and desserts and the food is freshly cooked to order, using local ingredients wherever possible. We can offer a great wine list to complement your food. Our location is convenient for Conwy, Llandudno, Bodnant Gardens, Mount Snowdon, Anglesey and we are a very useful stopping off point for those travelling to the Holyhead ferry terminal. Outdoor pursuits of walking, golf, mountain biking are all on our doorstep and just a short drive away, you will find the longest zip-wire in Europe and the only indoor surf resort at Surf Snowdonia - as well as plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy. Alternatively, you can just curl up with a good book in our comfortable lounge! A warm welcome awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Sychnant Pass Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sychnant Pass House Hotel Conwy
- Sychnant Pass Country House Conwy, Wales