This is a beautifully situated hotel in the hills outside Conwy, and we chose it for its spa facilities and closeness to mountains. The staff are very welcoming - it's no accident that all the reviews mention Hugh and are complimentary about him and his team. We had a very comfortable stay, and the night we ate in we had delicious food. Breakfast was a daily treat. Our dog was welcomed too, and loved our ground floor room with little patio area. We could have done with some more light in the room, especially beside the fourposter bed, and there was a preponderance of voile throughout, but the public area of the hotel was very comfortable.
The downside for us was the spa element. There is a delightful little swimming pool, with the most gorgeous water, and a great sauna. However, the outside hot tub was a big disappointment. Smelling like a boy scout's backpack under its cover, the jets weren't anything like effective, and several of them didn't work at all. As we both have back problems, and chose the hotel for its spa facilities, this was a disappointment. Still, it was a lovely location and a relaxing stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegant Edwardian country house is set in 3 acres of grounds with leisure facilities which includes swimming pool, sauna, gym and outdoor hot tub. We have charging points for electric cars and ample off-street parking. Situated in the Snowdonia National Park, we are in the heart of the countryside and yet only 1.5 Miles from the historic town of Conwy and less than 15 minutes' drive from the seaside resort of Llandudno (voted top UK seaside resort on Trip Advisor). We are easily accessible and well placed for both business and leisure stays. Our candlelit restaurant is highly recommended and is open 7 nights as week to residents and non-residents alike. Our seasonal menu offers a choice of starters, main courses and desserts and the food is freshly cooked to order, using local ingredients wherever possible. We can offer a great wine list to complement your food. Our location is convenient for Conwy, Llandudno, Bodnant Gardens, Mount Snowdon, Anglesey and we are a very useful stopping off point for those travelling to the Holyhead ferry terminal. Outdoor pursuits of walking, golf, mountain biking are all on our doorstep and just a short drive away, you will find the longest zip-wire in Europe and the only indoor surf resort at Surf Snowdonia - as well as plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy. Alternatively, you can just curl up with a good book in our comfortable lounge! A warm welcome awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sychnant Pass Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sychnant Pass House Hotel Conwy
- Sychnant Pass Country House Conwy, Wales