We stayed here late in June and had arrived later than expected. Our GPS system got us lost, so we had some trouble finding the hotel.
I stayed here with my parents and sister and really enjoyed the location, fresh air and beautiful surroundings. The rooms we had were comfortable, and my parents even had a private patio.
Amenities were well received, although since it was later in the day, we didn't get the chance to enjoy everything in the rooms. My only complaint for the rooms were the very low water pressure. For some reason we didn't get much water out of the shower head. It wasn't a big deal for us, and I'm certain the proprietor would have solved it for us had we brought the issue up to him.
Dinner was absolutely amazing - we just arrived before dinner ended, and Hugh made certain we were served. Everything was divine - and the nettle soup was possibly the best soup I have ever had. Really top notch dinner, and the price was very good for the quality.
My only complaint overall is this: because the GPS got us lost, I had to call Hugh a couple of times to help get us to where we need to be. Unfortunately, he was quite short on the call and not very helpful at all. It made us all irritable before we even got there, and I don't appreciate feeling unwelcome before I've even arrived.
That being said, Hugh was very nice once we did arrive. I can only imagine he was worried we wouldn't make it on time for dinner, which was why he felt rushed on the phone. I do appreciate his effort in getting us set up for dinner; it was well worth it.
Overall though, it was a lovely stay and I would be happy to recommend it. Just be certain to give yourself time to get there, as the roads aren't well marked and it can be a little difficult to navigate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegant Edwardian country house is set in 3 acres of grounds with leisure facilities which includes swimming pool, sauna, gym and outdoor hot tub. We have charging points for electric cars and ample off-street parking. Situated in the Snowdonia National Park, we are in the heart of the countryside and yet only 1.5 Miles from the historic town of Conwy and less than 15 minutes' drive from the seaside resort of Llandudno (voted top UK seaside resort on Trip Advisor). We are easily accessible and well placed for both business and leisure stays. Our candlelit restaurant is highly recommended and is open 7 nights as week to residents and non-residents alike. Our seasonal menu offers a choice of starters, main courses and desserts and the food is freshly cooked to order, using local ingredients wherever possible. We can offer a great wine list to complement your food. Our location is convenient for Conwy, Llandudno, Bodnant Gardens, Mount Snowdon, Anglesey and we are a very useful stopping off point for those travelling to the Holyhead ferry terminal. Outdoor pursuits of walking, golf, mountain biking are all on our doorstep and just a short drive away, you will find the longest zip-wire in Europe and the only indoor surf resort at Surf Snowdonia - as well as plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy. Alternatively, you can just curl up with a good book in our comfortable lounge! A warm welcome awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sychnant Pass Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sychnant Pass House Hotel Conwy
- Sychnant Pass Country House Conwy, Wales