Poppies Guest House
Travelocity
US$572
US$403
Agoda.com
The Clontarf Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$126
Toprooms.com
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$139
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Shelbourne Hotel(Llandudno)
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Wow, that was harsh for a one night stay. My wife and i have stayed at poppies guest house this yearand returning in october. We had a lovely room with tea, coffee and buscuits replenished every day. Breakfast was plentifull if notoo much. We had evening meal which was home cooked, very nice. Fire regs were in the walk in wardrobe.
Mr and Mrs Alan Stowbridge, Stockport.

1  Thank hollyyasar
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We stayed for one night at poppies, B&B and evening meal. When I arrived with my husband we were told it the meal was lasagne, my husband has an allergy to cheese, we felt very awkward and rather embarassed. We feel it would have been more appropriate to have been asked given a choice when booking. Our room was a twin room at the top of the house. The beds were creaky although comfortable, next to the bedroom was a large bathroom with w.c. bath and shower over the bath. There was limited coffee/tea bags placed in a dirty basket. Due to the room being at the top of the house we noticed that there was no fire extinguisher or fire regulations.
At Breakfast we were offered orange juice or cereal, one thin piece of toast each. A small tea pot for three which resulted in half a small cup of tea. In other guest houses of which we have stayed in Llandudno we have always been given juice and cereal and more toast with preserves. Very disappointed and we certainly will not be returning.

1  Thank CAO821
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed one night myself and my husband in a double room and my sister and her husband in a twin room.
The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable.We stayed in room 2 a double room, the shower and washbasin was in the bedroom and the toilet was in another room, I dont think it is very safe to have a shower in the bedroom when in the bedroom was a TV and kettle etc. There was not one set of fire regs anywhere in the B&B and there should have been on room doors(by law), no extinguishers on walls or floors only one smoke alarm & not a single fire door.
There was limited tea and coffee in a dirty basket and no biscuits, towels were provided but no toiletries.No welcome pack.
Breakfast was a choice of fruit juice OR cornflakes OR muesli OR shredded wheat, in other establishments I have stayed at in LLandudno you can have both juice and cereal and can help yourself but not here, full welsh breakfast was good, could have done with more toast only one slice of toast each for the four of us, only butter no jam or marmalade again in other establishments offered more toast and jam provided. One of us wanted coffee and three of us wanted tea, a big coffee jug provided and a small teapot so half a cup of tea for the three of us.
We had evening meal and booked this in advance, we were not given a choice, on arrival told we were having lasagne, felt terribly embarrassed when one of the group could not eat it due to cheese allergy, it left us feeling awkward, the landlady did provide another meal, the starter was homemade soup very tasty and the homemade lasagne was lovely, the dessert was chocolate fudge pudding and again we felt awkward as two of us were diabetic, I think a little advice for Sam for the future would be to check with the guests the meal you are going to provide as there is no choice of meal, to say what you plan on providing to make sure everyone is ok with what you are cooking.
Sam the landlady is lovely and friendly and very welcoming and Henry the dog is lovely and friendly.
The beds were comfy but it was very noisy, I could here two girls talking in the other room until 1am in the morning, but when it did go quite after 1am i did manage to get some sleep!
The location is nice in a quiet residential area with plenty of on road parking.
Overall it was ok to stay, £50 for the room and £17.50 for evening meal for two, but I have stayed in other accommodation in LLandudno and I dont think I will stay at Poppies again as I have had much better experiences elsewhere.

Room Tip: the twin room at the top had its own very big bathroom
2  Thank SLMON2011
Reviewed 23 July 2011

One night stay at poppies b n b llandudno. Nice twin room at top of house. Big bathroom next door. House was Not Very quiet with kids running around slammimg doors and while i was resting in bed someone knocked i said hello someone entered while i was in bed resting as have ME so Not impressed n had to make my own do Not disturb sign for door as husband was out n had keys!!! Hoping it gets quieter for guests ....Not Very impressed but clean n comfy setting. Basic tea n coffee facilities no buscuits . No information pack no smoke detectors Or fire extinguishers. Now got Very loud music playing n Trying to sleep as disabled n suffer from ME n fibromyalgia. Am Not impressed. Sorry just being honest as travel alot. mrs h from southport. Very noisy! I understand is family home but am a paying guests no respect.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My partner and I and our 2 year old daughter stayed here for one night after coming in on the ferry from Holyhead and wishing to break our journey up before driving back to London. I phoned at about 7pm on the evening we stayed and booked explaining we wouldn't be arriving until about 1.30 am.

We have sat nav so no problem finding the b&b and the landlady (Samantha) had given me her mobile number just in case we'd any problem.

Our room was at the top of the house but our 2 year old had no problem going up and down the stairs and we'd very little luggage with us. We had a twin room and both beds were very comfy. We knew in advance that there was no actual bed/cot for our daughter but we made a small bed on the floor for her with a bed quilt. The room was cosy complete with tea/coffee making facilities. The room had it's own bathroom on the same floor. The bathroom was big, bigger than the bedroom.

The room was perfect for our needs. I guess we would have found it a little small if we'd been there a few nights and had large suitcases with us.

Breakfast included that wonderful heart-attack food, fried bread. The breakfast was a standard affair of cereal, juice, full-english breakfast etc.

The total bill was £50.00 which we thought was good value.

We would definately use this b&b again when coming and going to Holyhead ferry port.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family