“Fantastic food & ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Watson's Bistro

Watson's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Watson's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Conwy
Price range: US$37 - US$47
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small family run Bistro in the historic town walls of Conwy. Everything is homemade such as bread, ice cream; our menus change at least 4 times a year with the seasons. We make our own gluten free bread and adapt our menu accordingly for any dietary requirements.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food & ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

We booked here for my friends 40th.
There was a large table of 8 of us.
All the food arrived at the same time & was piping hot, & what a great selection.

The staff were very attentive but not to over bearing, The drinkers liked the wine selection.
The sweets were fabulous, however the food was so good & plentiful only a couple of us had sweets. A real Gem, make the effort to find it & go

• Visited April 2011
chef_eeConwy, Owner at Watson's Bistro, responded to this review, 9 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We were delighted that you all enjoyed your evening and hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards

west yorkshire
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

went to conway for the weekend. searched high and low for somewhere decent to eat.
found Watsons tucked away what a gem.
lovely place, attentive and friendly staff.food of the highest quality lovely meal will def return next time in north wales.

1 Thank jill f
Thank you for your kind review.
We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.
Mold
“Nice pub-style food with ambition”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

We enjoyed our meal, if not quite the x factor envisaged. Imaginative and creative descriptions for the menu online gave me slightly too high an expectation which wasn't quite met on this ocasion.
I always look forward to veg and potatoes to accompany the mains being a little bit different and thought provoking than I get at home. They were cooked perfectly well just a bit too standard for me on a night out.
Lovely sauce on main course just too little of it, but I'm sure we would have got a top up if we'd asked.
Service was attentative and friendly without being overly so.
So all in all - we enjoyed our visit. A nice atmoshere for eating with good honest well cooked food if a tad pricey.

3 Thank John S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. We would not disagree with your comment about us serving pub-style food, we are a bistro serving good honest homecooked food in an informal environment. With regards to the vegetables, we serve a neutral dish of vegetables and new potatoes to accompany all dishes at no extra charge. However, each specific dish has its own vegetables/potatoes to accompany it, ie Lamb - punchmep, Rib-eye - Chinese red cabbage.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“AMAZING FOOD! WELL WORTH A VISIT....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Wow, what an amazing meal we had.
We had Trio of Scallops for a starter, which I would recommend!! It was just beautiful, and cooked perfectly!! (my mouth is watering thinking about them!). My boyf had a Rib eye Steak and I had the shoulder of Welsh Lamb for mains, WOW, again, cooked to perfection. The red wine was lovely and went lovely with both the lamb and steak!

Such a treat, I would highly recommend a vist to this Bistro, I have been telling everyone in work about it, telling them they should visit Conwy just to make a trip there!
Will definatley be visiting again soon!!

• Visited July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We were delighted that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your meal with us at Watsons and thank you for recommending us to your friends.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Staffordshire
“Absolutely superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

We visited this restaurant on a recent stay in Conwy as it was recommended by our B&B, we were not disappointed! The food was excellent and it was one of the best meals that we'd had in a long time. I note that someone else has mentioned that you should only go if you like fried food- this is strange as nothing that we had was fried. I recommend the lamb main course. I was not intending on having a dessert but due to the excellent quality of the starter and main course I felt that I would be missing out, again it was superb. I must say as well that the staff were very attentive, and there seemed to be plenty of them. I would definitely go back again, it's a great shame it's not on our doorstep!

• Visited August 2011
chef_eeConwy, Manager at Watson's Bistro, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
What can we say, thank you so much for such a wonderful review.

Hopefully next time you are in the area you will come and see us again.

Kind regards