“Old memories tested”
Review of Bryn Howel Hotel

Bryn Howel Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Llangollen
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed 1 night. Had stayed here as part of my job regularly a few years back and was pleased to take the opportunity to return socially. Especially at an attractive rate

Walk down adjacent canal advised well placed for the area

Good breakfast. I had fond memories of dinner but its not what it was but was ok rather than memorable.

We had a decent room with good sized bath and bathroom with a pretty countryside view.

Hope to visit again one day

1  Thank BasilsTravels
Bryn-Howel-Hotel, Owner at Bryn Howel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Basils Travels

Thank you Kindly for your review of Bryn Howel Hotel, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Bryn Howel Hotel has a fabulous record for the amazing food served. However I understand we can get it wrong now and then, However I do hope this will not prevent you from visiting us again soon.

All my very best to you

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Have just returned after an overnight stay at the Bryn Howell. Normally stay there with my husband but on this trip took 4 service users I support in my job. They'd all wanted to go after hearing me praise the hotel regularly. I can honestly say they were not disappointed! This has got a lot to do with how wonderfully warm and welcoming the staff were, particlularly Diane and Dan who went out of their way to accommodate the guys requests, answering numerous questions about the history of the place, making sure they had whatever food they requested even if it wasn't on the menu. Mr. Cavanan too took time to share a bit of banter with them which they loved. These guys have mild learning difficulties but were very eloquent in their praise of the hotel and staff. Myself personally got huge satisfaction from seeing their enjoyment. They all see the place at face value. They loved their rooms, the food and the staff and can't wait to go again. As a regular visitor to the Brynn Howell I know that this kind of service is what we get every time so a big 'thank you' to the team.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank gill h
Bryn-Howel-Hotel, Owner at Bryn Howel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mr and Mrs Heath

Thank you kindly from everyone here at Bryn Howel hotel for your kind review. Diane and Dan will be very pleased to hear your fabulous comments, Chef also.
As you know everyone puts in that extra little effort to ensure our guests are happy with the service provided and your review shows we are getting it right.

As I promised you I shall ensure that Diane and Dan know how thankful you were for their attention to detail.

More so I shall look forward to your next visit to us.

All my very best to you all

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed overnight ten days or so ago arriving late off a ferry from Ireland. We were made most welcome and when we explained that the room we were given was not entirely suitable since my wife is slightly disabled we were moved to a beautiful ground floor room adjacent to all the amenities. Dinner was delicious and marvelously presented at a window table overlooking the garden and hills beyond. We travel this way often and will surely return to this well priced gem. Well done Bryn Howel

1  Thank Harry M
Bryn-Howel-Hotel, Owner at Bryn Howel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Harry M

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review Bryn Howel Hotel,, Everyone is delighted to read your comments, and to learn you both enjoyed your stay with us.
We shall look forward to your return visit. Remember to book direct for your free glass of wine during dinner.

All My Very Best to you Both

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed with a bunch of pals and were in the "new" wing, small rooms and could have done with a net curtain on our ground floor room to preserve a degree of modesty!
The rooms - like the incessant music -are very much 1960s but good value - and teh food is very good. The staff are very willing and if they were given more training they would be very efficient. We needed to be pro-active all the time; asking for menus; asking if we could order dinner from the bar; asking for the pudding menu; asking cor coffees at the end of the meal etc.
It would have been nice to have been approached just oonce during our stay but this did not happen; the staff though are extremely friendly and helpful.
It also would have been nice to see the owner at some time; with a privately owned and owner operated establishemnt this is imortant and our group of up to 18 was staying for a number of days.
Would stay again, though not sure that my wife would appreciate the standard of service.
Location is excellent for us -a walking group.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Walter O

Thank you for your Constructive comments, I shall certainly look into the points you have raised and ensure they are corrected as soon as possible. Everyone works extreamly hard to maintain our high standards.
Please note that during your stay it was the school half term break, I try to use this time to have a break with my family, However I will ensure that in your return visit I will be here to chat and perhaps join you for a drink.

Many thanks for taking the time tp post your review all comments go a long way to ensure we keep our customers happy while staying at Bryn Howel Hotel and we all thank you very much indeed.

I shall certainly look forward to your next visit.

All my very best to you all

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's a 5 min drive from Llangollen. Lovely position, gardens lead down to Llangollen canal. Our room in the old part of the hotel was pleasant with a good size bathroom. I'd asked for a quiet room - it was, but the hotel wasn't particularly busy. Lovely views over the garden to the hills. We were going to walk into town for dinner, but after a long walk in the afternoon decided to stay put. Food was OK, but not that great; reasonable price - we just had one course from the fixed price menu. Breakfast was a little disappointing; it was buffet-style, so had obviously been sitting there a while. A good selection, but I do like my bacon and eggs freshly cooked!
Would stay there again, we paid £49 through booking.com. I wouldn't pay the £119 rack rate!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden!
1  Thank YorkshireCountrylass

Dear YorkshireCountry

Thank you very much indeed for your comments, We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with although please feel free to ask for a freshly cooked breakfast should the buffet style not be to your liking. We are always here to please our guests, something so simple could have made all the differeance to your overall enjoyment.
On your next visit we will ensure you receive your freshly cooked eggs and bacon.

All my very best to you and your family

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've stayed here twice and been very happy with our room both times... and there's been a large en-suite each time..The views (from the side of the hotel facing Llangollen are amazing).....Right up to the Castle on the hill .. I dont know whether they do family rooms but hope so as we're planning on taking our Granddaughter next time we go.

We stayed initially in Easter school holidays and dining room was quite full at breakfast (Good array of choices in both cold and hot options......Toast, tea and coffee served by waiter/waitress). There were only a couple of teenagers in though so hope they're welcoming to children. The second time was during term time and there were only about 9 people in the dining room.....I'm concerned that it doesnt end up shutting down.....its such a lovely place!

Although the hotel is quite worn in places the value for money is exceptional ....We had intended booking a nearby Wetherspoons hotel but this was £30 cheaper for the night and a very good breakfast was included here!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the wing with room facing Llangollen (for the view of mountains etc)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Enjoying-my-freedom
Please rest assured that there is no possibility of Bryn Howel Hotel Shutting down, Guests come down for breakfast at different times therefore it might seem a little quite at times.
Nevertheless We are delighted you enjoyed you stay with us and shall look forward to your return visit with your Granddaughter

All my very best to you both

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband, myself and my parents booked this hotel in Wales. We had no expectations upon arrival. Even though we got there early we were greeted by friendly staff. The decor of the hotel was lovely. Not too modern and had a lovely warm welcome feeling. The rooms were lovely and a decent size. Ask for a room view out the back over looking the garden. The hotel had a nice bar area, restaurant and sitting areas. The wifi was pretty much null. We ate meals in the bar area which were excellent and the breakfast was buffet style. Fresh and enough to choose from. The location required a car as it was about 2.6 miles from Llangollen. Would definitely stay again. The room prices vary alot so keep a look out for a good deal, which we got.

Room Tip: Ask for a view out the back overlooking the gardens

Dear Jacquie B

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of Bryn Howel Hotel, please note that when booking direct with us we will always offer you the best price available plus you get a lovely glass of wine free of charge when you dine with us. And we will always offer guests who book direct a free upgrade when possible.

We shall look forward to your next visit

E. J. Canavan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangollen
White Waters Country Hotel
8 mi away
The Hand at Llanarmon
The Hand at Llanarmon
#2 of 2 in Llanarmon DC

Been to Bryn Howel Hotel? Share your experiences!