“Friendliest staff and best towels ever!”
Review of Bryn Howel Hotel

Bryn Howel Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Llangollen
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendliest staff and best towels ever!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in May. The hotel was lovely, olde world, real character with beautiful views of the canal and surrounding scenery. The staff couldn't be more helpful, polite and friendly. We loved our stay and will definitely head there again. The only negative was frozen chips with my perfect steak! The bed was so big and comfortable; the towels massive and soft!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the Llangollen canal, stunning!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryn-Howel-Hotel, Owner at Bryn Howel Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear sarahdean56
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post your review of Bryn Howel Hotel.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us,
The views from Bryn Howel Hotel are outstanding, its amazing all year round. House keeping are delighted you enjoyed your room and of course our towels, I always find It’s a nice surprise to find big large towels.
Please accept Chefs apologies, You are absolutely right the chips were not our usual fresh, tick and crisp standard, alas there is so substitute for the real thing. This was due to a delivery issue.

Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Sorry but this hotel needs to spend some money modernising their rooms and employing more staff. We waited 35 minutes at reception despite ringing bell and phoning from our mobile phone. Sadly the wait was not worth it.
Think that is enough said.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Gaynor L
Bryn-Howel-Hotel, Owner at Bryn Howel Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Stephen
As the owner of Bryn Howel Hotel I am very apprehensive when someone posts a poor review. Mainly because I know my team very well. And to read a review such as yours its difficult to imagine you are reviewing Bryn Howel Hotel.
Although, from your review it seems clear that neither you nor your partner were satisfied with any part of Bryn Howel Hotel. As you mentioned Bryn Howel was once a fine hotel which suggest the content of the review to follow.
My Company purchased Bryn Howel Hotel over a year ago after it was in administration for some years, it was exceedingly run down in every area, To say it needed money spent on it is an understatement, But on the same note there has been large investment disbursed on every area, from the hallways and bedrooms having new carpets new beds in all 35 bedrooms, all new bedding, 20 rooms have been re-walled and all have been painted, the lounge bar has had a complete overhaul from top to toe, the reception area has had new sofas, carpets, and the restaurant and function room have had a total makeover. Yes Bryn Howel Is an old building and that’s what I fell in love with, I do not intend to change the old look in fact I have worked hard to keep the building as much to the old style as it was intended to be, perhaps it’s not to everyone’s taste, undoubtedly not, But at the same time I feel your review is a little unfair. My staff have worked very hard indeed to bring the standards up and I am delighted with what we have managed thus far.
Perhaps on reflection on posting reviews you might give a moment’s thought to how your review might have an emotional impact on the staff that work within, to have a dig at me is fine or to have a dig at the owner is one thing, My reason for saying this is your review has had a major impact on the moral of the whole team, at a time when everyone is working so hard.

I do wish you and your partner all the very best,
life is much to short to hold bad feeling within.

Mr Canavan
Managing Director
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was a veery beautiful hotel in the 80' s and by the looks of it now that the last time it had any money spent on it.
It needs completely refurbishing and if the present owners do not have the money they should put it on the market and give someone else the opportunity.
We had booked for one night but once we saw the allocated room and the upgraded one that was subsequently offered, we were out of there. We really hope the hotel is restored to its former glory, fantastic location

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank stephenlyth
Dear Stephen

I do wish you and your partner all the very best,
life is much to short to hold bad feeling within.

Mr Canavan
Managing Director
West Sussex
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel with friends during a short driving break around Wales. The location is great with lovely views. Our evening meal and breakfast the following day were lovely and plentiful. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable and of a good size.

We would have no hesitation staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank itbod
Bryn-Howel-Hotel, Owner at Bryn Howel Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear itbod
Thank you for taking the tiem to write such a lovely review of Bryn Howel Hotel. I am delighted to read that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. We have many car clubs staying with us over the year mainly because of our location and very large car park which we are able to set aside part for guests that wish to take photos of their club cars altogether. Thank you for mentioning you enjoyed your food , chef will be very happy.

We hope to see you all again soon.

All our very best wishes to you and your family

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Good location, great views, wonderful nature left an unforgettable impression. Elegant rooms and wonderful towels made our stay even more comfortable. We got a lot more pleasure than we expected. We will definitely visit this fabulous place again.

1 Thank Inga A
Bryn-Howel-Hotel, Owner at Bryn Howel Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Inga A

Thank you very much indeed for such a fabulous review,
I am delighted to read your review and learn you had such a pleasurable experience of Our Beautiful Hotel. Seeing really is Believing, the views around Bryn Howel Hotel are simply breath taking. We do understand its the little things that our guests appreciate such as quality bedding and luxurious towelling. Thank you for pointing this out to our tripadvisor readers, your attention to detail is welcomed by our house-keeping team.

We shall look forward to your next visit to Bryn Howel Hotel

Stamford
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed here after a long drive, en route to Anglesey. It is absolutely lovely - exactly like the photographs, just idyllic. Big hotel, big room which was very attractive and comfortable with nice sized ensuite. Spotlessly clean, Lovely view over the gardens and picturesque canal. Breakfast lovely, and staff were sweet. It was so nice we wanted to stay another night but couldn't cancel out next hotel, so we will have to return another day. Highly recommended. Got a good value deal on one of the aggregator sites.

Room Tip: Very quiet location so cant imagine there's ever any noise. Our room overlooked canal which was...
3 Thank cowbag
Dear cowbag Stamford

What can I say to such a fabulous review of Bryn Howel Hotel other than a big big Thank You from all the team and most of all a personal thank you from myself. Guests such as your good self make all our hard work worth while.
Please do ring the hotel direct when booking we always offer the best deal available plus you receive a free glass of our fabulous house wine with your meal.

We hope to see you again very soon.

S.A.Canavan
Saundersfoot
Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the initial reception to our departure....wonderful! What was there to like....?? The room with the view...... the friendliness of the staff ......the bar meals and the breakfast ..... the pleasantness of the surrounding gardens and canal ....the overall location.... the deal price we were given on enquiry by iphone from services at our halfway pitstop in Gretna Green..!! We will return soon with friends to do the towpath to aquaduct walk, and others, and take the train and canal boat rides, and to visit the castle ruins seen from the hotel dining room..!!

Room Tip: Room 20 overlooked the canal and footbridge and had all you expect...! Wi Fi is only available in re...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimboSaundersfoot
Dear jimboSaundersfoot

Thank you very much indeed for your Fabulous review of Bryn Howel Hotel, I am pleased to say we have the Wi Fi problem resolved as from 24th June, we are really delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, your review has been passed to all departments. Thank you.

Please do drop in next time you are passing through.

Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangollen
White Waters Country Hotel
#1 of 1 in Weston Rhyn
The Mulberry Inn
The Mulberry Inn
#1 of 26 in Llangollen

Been to Bryn Howel Hotel? Share your experiences!