“Great little place!”
Review of Borrows Rest

Borrows Rest
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llangollen
Borrows Rest
Ranked #16 of 26 Llangollen B&B and Inns
Brisbane
“Great little place!”
Reviewed 9 July 2007

What a gem! I cant say enough about this bed and breakfast. It was very relaxing and the perfect place to sleep off a couple of days of flying (jetlag galore)!
We specifically booked here simply because we were going to hire a canal boat from Anglowelsh canal boats, which is literally across the road from the Borrow's Rest. But it really turned out to be a delight.

There was four of us (my husband and I and my parents) and our two rooms shared a bathroom, but was seperate from the house. It was really perfect for us. The facilities were very clean and well maintained, and beautifully decorated... It looked as though she had recently refurbished actually. It was very neat and not too 'frou frou' as these bed and breakfasts often are.There is a fantastic view of the aquaduct. There was coffee, and tea and chocolate (thank goodness!) waiting for us and Elaine who runs the b and b, was a gracious, generous host. Breakfast was really fantastic, beautiful breads and jams, cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast, tea, coffee, etc. And Elaine made eggs for the boys. There is a nice little pub just down the road, which served huge meals, and was warm and cosy. Friendly locals. The canal boats where an awesome experience, we highly recommend them for sighseeing! You see much more than you would just driving around. And Burrow's Rest was the perfect go-between. Highly recommend!

[--]

(Photos coming soon)

• Liked — Clean, and comfortable. Great personal service. Really central for what we needed.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Suzando

Families
Solo
Business
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2006

My husband and I made a trip in August to Wales and Ireland.
We spent 5 days in Wales and stayed at Borrows Rest B+B.
Then we took a bus tour of Ireland for 9 days which was very nice because we got to see many things that we would not have had we went on our own. However, the most memorable time on the trip was spent in Wales while we stayed at Borrows Rest. My purpose was to see Cefn Mawr, Wales, where my grandparents lived as newly weds before coming to America in 1912. Since Borrows Rest was the closest to Cefn Mawr we choose to book there. What a blessing. The owner, Elaine, was a magnificent host and her hearty Welsh breakfasts were delicious and a challenge to even my huge appetite. We did not rent a car and planned on using public transportation to get where we wanted to go, but Elaine, in her charismatic way, introduced us to a couple from Englad who came in the day after us who were staying there, unfortunately, to visit an ailing friend in Cefn Mawr.
They had a Land Rover and offered to take us through the town. We could not have seen all we did on a professional tour. Because of Elaine I even met with the heritage society in Cefn and they actually helped me find documentation of my great grandparents marriage. I will never forget Richard and Maureen for taking the time for us like they did at a rather sad time in their own lives. Oh" did I mention the view from the back yard. Spectacular! .
I recommend Borrows Rest to all and I will also return.

Beryl J. Buckler

• Liked — The view and the hospitality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Perfect spot for hikers along Offa's Dike
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janrow11
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 December 2005

Myself,My partner and our daughter took a holiday to Trevor (Just outside Llangollen)and stayed at a place called "Borrows Rest".I would highly recommend you stay there.
Elaine the proprietor could not do enough for us.
The rooms are spotless,The beds clean and comfortable and a hearty breakfast in the morning is all anyone could ask for in a holiday.
Llangollen is just 4 miles down the road(£2.50/£3.00 in a cab)The world famous Telford aquaduct right across the road..I dare you to walk across it !! Day trips by barge at the same place and the Telford inn is there too !.
They do fantastic value for money food.
Hope this review helps you make a decision.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangollen
Bryn Howel Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chirk
The Mulberry Inn
The Mulberry Inn
#1 of 26 in Llangollen

Been to Borrows Rest? Share your experiences!