“Charming, homely, charismatic B&B”

Cornerstones Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 26 Llangollen B&B and Inns
“Charming, homely, charismatic B&B”
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on a stormy night at the end of Jan. it was absolutely fantastic, really homely and felt so cosy, just loved it!
Central location, free car parking, superb breakfast, which you order via the telephone in your room 15 mins before you require it.
Just a tiny problem with the radiator and a light but these were both corrected for us.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Naomi K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My Husband and I recently stayed in this lovely B&B for his birthday in January. We had a gorgeous room with the biggest bathroom I have ever seen, overlooking the River Dee.
There were so many little touches that made our 2 day break so special.
From the minute we arrived the Staff were so friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was absolutely delicious and set us up for a day of exploring Llangollen and other nearby place's.
This little B&B well deserves its 5 star's as do the Staff. A special THANK YOU to Karen who made us feel so welcome and was so friendly.
Llangollen is a beautiful little place and well worth visiting.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pauline K
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Visited the cornerstones for a special weekend treat for my fiancés birthday. Spent the most fantastic 2 nights here. Accommodation was beyond luxurious and the staff were amazing! We returned on my fiancés birthday to a perfectly made room, ice bucket for our champagne and a birthday card! Will definitely return and recommend to all! Such a superb place, perfect location and a homely feel! Views are to die for! Many many thanks to all at cornerstones. See you soon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bolton
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 30th and 31st December, 2013.
Llangollen is lovely, small place but everything you need! Fudge shop, cute train station, tea room, italian restaurant, quite a few pubs, a wine bar, shop selling lots of homemade things that you wouldnt think of! You get the idea. Also you not far from anywhere.
The B&B is really nice. You get free parking anywhere in Llangollen thanks to the owner as you cant park next to the B&B but its only 2 mins walk.
We stayed in the suite and there is plenty of room with a lovely view of the river from the bedroom. We also had breakfast delivered to the room. It was lovely and the girl that bought it was friendly asking how we slept, if she can help us with anything and offering us advice on where to go if we need it.
The shower was ok but not powerful enough for me but you are given so much when you stay, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hand wash, new razors, plently of big fluffy towel, dressing gowns...
Only down side is I wouldnt want to stay in that room again. There was a family staying above us (I assume) because early in the morning there was alot of banging above us which sounded like children running. It was really loud at times - luckily I dont drink so I didnt have a hangover on New Years Day!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My partner and I just spent the cosiest 4 nights including New Year's Eve staying in a room at Cornerstones guesthouse which comprises of three 16th century houses next door to each other. We were delighted by the roaring fire and lit candles in the living room guest area where we could sit and drink complementary sherry in the evening before going out for dinner. Our room was at the back of the house overlooking the River Dee and had an enormous bathroom with great water pressure and an abundance of hot water. The bed was fabulously dressed with lots of comfy cushions ,duvet and lovely bedding. The bed was very comfortable affording a great nights sleep. It was a nice touch to have fresh clean linen on the third day. Extras included soft bathrobes, lots of fluffy towels, cakes, tea,coffee, sweets and toiletries in the room as well as a tiny fridge housing a jug of fresh milk. Radiators can be adjusted to whatever temperature you wish. Also the windows can be opened for fresh air.
The dining room in our house was at the back again overlooking the river and had lit candles and soft music to eat to. The breakfast is cooked to order and there is a vegetarian option which was very good. Local produce includes yoghurts, eggs, sausages etc.
The host, Carol, is charming and very helpful and her staff are polite and discreet.
Overall, we would certainly recommend this guesthouse and would like to return for another relaxing break in the near future.
Chris and Jane.

Room Tip: If you like to soak in the bath choose the room with the enormous luxurious bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Cornerstones for my birthday with family and boyfriend! I stayed in the former red lion suite (you should see the bathroom!!) while my family stayed in one of the other cottages as there is a gorgeous living space for us all to 'congregate' and have a couple of night caps! My family and extended family frequently stay here when going to llangollen, it's the perfect location. The rooms are cosy and incredibly luxurious. The staff are absolutely fantastic!! The breakfast in the morning is quite a spread. There are cereals, fruit, yoghurt- not to mention the made to order full English breakfast. I feel so at home in Cornerstones - and will always recommend a stay there.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank K_2611
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is a really nice guesthouse that is located in the centre of Llangollen.

We stayed in the suite for one night. It looks out onto the street at the front and has a river-view from the bedroom at the rear. Everything you might need is provided for (iron, toiletries, kettle, etc.) and there was a bottle of complimentary sherry and mince pies.

Breakfast was good and served, when requested, to our room.

They provide free parking in any of the town's car parks.

Only two negatives: the walls are thin and the noise really carries, both from within the building and from the street. Also the wifi signal is very poor and I could not access it from the bedroom.

But overall we were very pleased with this establishment.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple