“Drinks at the Wynnstay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llangollen
Wynnstay Arms Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Llangollen
Wirral
“Drinks at the Wynnstay”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We visited the Wynnstay for drinks on the 13th June. We had visited Llangollen to play golf and were rained off. This is a quirky pub but with lots of character. It has good real ale, we enjoyed the Black Sheep. The locals were very sociable and the staff very helpful. I had read some bad reports about poor service, but it has a new manager (Mike?) and he certainly had things organised. Well worth a visit for a pint, or two!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
West Midlands
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was staying in Llangollen last Bank Holiday where I had a fanstatic weekend. After doing some lengthy hill-walking and returning to the town I decided to pop into the Wynnstay Arms Hotel for a real ale. I entered the bar and there was one member of staff present and a small number of people sitting in the area. I was waiting with my money in my hand when a guy walked into the bar and helped himself to a soft drink and paid the bar person. Still waiting to get served another member of bar staff arrived. Then shortly after a group of 15 people entered the bar and the bar person who had arrived then went to serve the group. Feeling dubious then about getting served and how long I was going to have to wait two other guys shouted for a drink from the service hatch and this same bar person said "I'll serve you in a minute". It was obvious then that I was being treated as thin air so I left the premises in complete disgust. I think it is the height of bad manners so therefore I doubt very much as to a return for any refreshment and judging by other comments I have read regarding accommodation standards I doubt very much I'll spend a night there too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank mediaplayer11

Travellers are raving about these Llangollen hotels

sheffield
Reviewed 13 February 2013

been to llangollen a lot allways liked visitng the wynnstay so decided to stay for the weekend with the family . absoloutley fantastic we all enjoyed it rooms nice and clean,staff very freindly and helpfull, food excellent , atmosphere fabulous , stayed in room 5 on 8/9 feb 2013.definatley going to stay there again. ps try the pan fried prawns and spaghetti with chilli and garlic sauce mmmmm

Room Tip: room 5 good for families of 3 or 4
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ligsnl
wynnstayarms, Owner at Wynnstay Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Llangollen and your stay with us. We have worked hard over the last few months to upgrade the rooms withing our B&B. We hope to see you again soon.

The Wynnstay Arms
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed here with my dog for one night. Room clean girl behind bar very helpfull. Tried booking again 9 2 13 without dog but was fully booked. Brill place will be staying again And coal fire in bar only smal bar room but cosy didn't av any thing to eat so can't comment. You can park on the road just down abit. No charge until 9 Monday morning Saying that I stayed Sunday night from 7ish think you ok to park ther from a certain time. Anyway go ther it's good

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Llangollen and your stay with us. We have worked hard over the last few months to upgrade the rooms within our B&B.

We always welcome dogs as long their owners are well behaved :)

We hope to see you again soon.

The Wynnstay Arms
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Returned to the Wynnstay Arms and found rooms all refurbished. Halls and communal stairs all
fresh and clear of any items that made the place look so untidy in the past. Was very impressed
both with the new decor and the warm and welcome from the staff.

Room Tip: rooms at front of hotel quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Where to start?! It's one of those places that you hear someone talking about and it sends shivers up your spine thinking how horrible it must have been for them!
The place is falling apart, my room was on the top floor - it was hot, the windows were sealed shut, there was old gaffer tape on the window sills telling you not to open the windows, the plaster was coming off of the walls, there was no toilet paper in the bathroom, the seat fell off the toilet when I tried to sit on it, I made the mistake of walking on the carpet barefoot and wondered where all the hairs were coming from when I was in the shower - of course, from the dog hairs that were stuck to my feet and all over the carpet! The bed was so soft you sank lovingly into the springs and the sheets smelt of wet dog!
We booked breakfast for 07.30, arrived downstairs to find the place devoid of life so we made our way to what we presummed was the dinning room. There was no breakfast items ready so we presummed that this must be good old fashioned "Do it yourself". On entering the kitchen you are met with the nice odour of stale grease and tacky surfaces, trying to find a bowl for the cereal was quite the challenge as they were all dirty with dried egg yolk on them and other unidentified morsals - in the end I gave up and poured my milk into the cereal packet.
If there was one thing positive to say it was that the bar staff were friendly but apart from that it is a complete dive.
We mistakenly thought we might have found a decent place at £65 per night! How do these places stay open??

Room Tip: Don't even bother
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SamBradbury
swansea
Reviewed 22 August 2012

On arrival we were shown to our room . On the way there was a strong unpleasant smell and we passed several holes cut into the walls to expose pipework ! As for the room it was full of cracks , as stated by previous reviewer window screwed shut and larger pane of glas stuck over smaller broken one ! No toilet paper and shower very poor . Whole room generally grubby . In morning no sign of anyone so we had to go into the kitchen to find some cereal . The kitchen was dirtier than the bedroom our feet stuck to the floor , failed to find a clean plate or bowl in supposed pile of clean plates . Reminded me of Ramseys kitchen nightmares ! I cannot state strongly enough NEVER stay here . If I had had the option I would have given it -10 out of 5 !

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank rubyswansea
wynnstayarms, Manager at Wynnstay Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
we apologise for any bad experience that you may have had with us, we are happy to announce that we have now had a grant from the brewery who own the pub to update all of the rooms within the hotel which will be taking place over the next couple of weeks.

We again apologise for you bad experiance