“Good value for money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llangollen
Wynnstay Arms Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Llangollen
Liverpool
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed for 1 night 7/9, ideal location in the centre of town although car parking can be a problem. As this is a very old coaching house you cannot expect all the luxuries of a modern hotel. The pipes do make a rather interesting noise when the toilets are flushed. None of this detracts from what is excellent value for the location, the excellent beers and good company from the locals. Great breakfast as well, would recommend staying if you are on a tight budget or for just a short weekend stop over.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms so you don't hear the singing in the bar, better still join in with the locals w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights over the August bank holiday and were very pleased with our choice of hotel in the Wynnstay. I thought at first glance that owing to the incredibly reasonable prices it would be out of town, but on looking at a map found it couldn't be better placed - right in the centre of town, a stone's throw from the river Dee in a charming old coaching inn on a picturesque little street; an excellent little restaurant called Gales is right next door.
Our room was on the top floor with a view onto the winding street - a little basic in terms of furnishings but totally clean, tidy and cheerful with a comfortable bed, tea and coffee, ensuite bathroom etc. Only tiny issue with the TV supplied was that we noticed the digibox wasn't working properly, but hey, we went to enjoy the countryside.
Staff were all extremely pleasant and courteous, the owner was totally dedicated to making us feel at home and I very much appreciated the relaxed policy for checking in and out. Thanks folks!

Room Tip: There is also a bunkhouse out the back - we loved our room in the main building though!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank windatyourback
Wirral
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We visited the Wynnstay for drinks on the 13th June. We had visited Llangollen to play golf and were rained off. This is a quirky pub but with lots of character. It has good real ale, we enjoyed the Black Sheep. The locals were very sociable and the staff very helpful. I had read some bad reports about poor service, but it has a new manager (Mike?) and he certainly had things organised. Well worth a visit for a pint, or two!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
West Midlands
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was staying in Llangollen last Bank Holiday where I had a fanstatic weekend. After doing some lengthy hill-walking and returning to the town I decided to pop into the Wynnstay Arms Hotel for a real ale. I entered the bar and there was one member of staff present and a small number of people sitting in the area. I was waiting with my money in my hand when a guy walked into the bar and helped himself to a soft drink and paid the bar person. Still waiting to get served another member of bar staff arrived. Then shortly after a group of 15 people entered the bar and the bar person who had arrived then went to serve the group. Feeling dubious then about getting served and how long I was going to have to wait two other guys shouted for a drink from the service hatch and this same bar person said "I'll serve you in a minute". It was obvious then that I was being treated as thin air so I left the premises in complete disgust. I think it is the height of bad manners so therefore I doubt very much as to a return for any refreshment and judging by other comments I have read regarding accommodation standards I doubt very much I'll spend a night there too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank mediaplayer11

Travellers are raving about these Llangollen hotels

sheffield
Reviewed 13 February 2013

been to llangollen a lot allways liked visitng the wynnstay so decided to stay for the weekend with the family . absoloutley fantastic we all enjoyed it rooms nice and clean,staff very freindly and helpfull, food excellent , atmosphere fabulous , stayed in room 5 on 8/9 feb 2013.definatley going to stay there again. ps try the pan fried prawns and spaghetti with chilli and garlic sauce mmmmm

Room Tip: room 5 good for families of 3 or 4
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ligsnl
wynnstayarms, Owner at Wynnstay Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Llangollen and your stay with us. We have worked hard over the last few months to upgrade the rooms withing our B&B. We hope to see you again soon.

The Wynnstay Arms
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed here with my dog for one night. Room clean girl behind bar very helpfull. Tried booking again 9 2 13 without dog but was fully booked. Brill place will be staying again And coal fire in bar only smal bar room but cosy didn't av any thing to eat so can't comment. You can park on the road just down abit. No charge until 9 Monday morning Saying that I stayed Sunday night from 7ish think you ok to park ther from a certain time. Anyway go ther it's good

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Llangollen and your stay with us. We have worked hard over the last few months to upgrade the rooms within our B&B.

We always welcome dogs as long their owners are well behaved :)

We hope to see you again soon.

The Wynnstay Arms
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Returned to the Wynnstay Arms and found rooms all refurbished. Halls and communal stairs all
fresh and clear of any items that made the place look so untidy in the past. Was very impressed
both with the new decor and the warm and welcome from the staff.

Room Tip: rooms at front of hotel quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangollen
Royal Hotel
#7 of 10 in Llangollen
The West Arms Hotel
The West Arms Hotel
#2 of 2 in Llanarmon DC

Been to Wynnstay Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!