It was our 2nd stay at the hotel and as they had no river view standard rooms available I updated to a VIP room. The balcony we got with the room was outstanding we sat on it with a bottle of wine listening to the Dee. It was certainly well worth the upgrade . The room itself was a little tired especially the bathroom where there were glass holders missing and dirty marked paintwork.
I was also suprised the spa is now extra but also quite pleased by this as it meant we basically had it to ourselves both days. It also allows the hotel prices to stay so reasonable giving people the option.
The restaurant suprised us the first time we visited and did not let us down on this visit. The food is very tasty and again great value for money.
To conclude as I could witter forever;
A very comforable friendly hotel with decent food. A riverview balcony is definitely worth paying for and the location is outstanding. You don't pay 5* prices so don't expect 5* rooms but we will visit everytime we are in Wales as we love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Waters Hotel is a new hotel situated in delightful surroundings overlooking the River Dee and yet located only one mile from the town centre. The ethos of this new hotel is to offer the highest quality of luxurious accommodation and service with a restaurant dedicated to fine dining and an environment to provide that ‘little extra’ that puts it apart from other hotels in the area. It offers 25 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your White Waters Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Waters Country Llangollen
- Hotel White Waters Country
- White Waters Country Hotel Llangollen, Wales