Firstly I want to apologise to the staff in the White Waters for taking so long to write this review.
When we first visited the hotel as a location for our wedding it was the views over looking the River Dee that firstly took our breath away.
After meeting with their wedding co-ordinator Jon Churchwood nothing was too much trouble and all of our questions and demands were answered and met.
Being a very organsied person myself dealing with Jon, was a pleasure as he too has an eye for detail.
After feeling like I took over Jon's life and the hotel for nearly 2 years our day finally arrived.
Our quests were met by Jon and a glass of bubbly and waited for us to arrive.
We then managed to have 5 mins with Jon who quickly showed us the dining room set up, cake and decorations. Everything was perfect!
After being able to go right down to the river for photographs we were then introduced by Jon into the dining room where all our guests welcomed us.
We had 64 quests who were all served their food prompty and piping hot. We are a family who like a food and the portions were more than enough even for a starving bride! Tosh and his team were brilliant so special thanks to you all.
Mark was on hand to pour the bubbly and even left some extra for My Husband and I.
After having a few drinks in the bar (thanks again to Mark for keeping everyone topped up!)
the evening was upon us before we knew it.
The function room again was decorated beautifully. The food at night was also amazing and there was plenty for everyone. The DJ was great and got everyone up dancing. I think he even got a few gigs after the wedding from some of our guests he was that good.
We had arranged fireworks at night and as an extra special suprise my family has arranged a comedy style plunger to start off the fireworks.
They lit up the whole valley and all of our guests were loving them.
Afterward a very long day Jon came to say goodnight to myself and my husband before he left.
They honeymoon suite we chose was amazing and called the Dee Valley. We had a seperate dining room section, massive bathroom and beautiful old fashion dark wood bed overlooking the River.
We had a magical day and it was made so stress free and even more perfect by the friendly and helpful staff who I have got to know really well.
Thank you all for the perfect wedding x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Waters Hotel is a new hotel situated in delightful surroundings overlooking the River Dee and yet located only one mile from the town centre. The ethos of this new hotel is to offer the highest quality of luxurious accommodation and service with a restaurant dedicated to fine dining and an environment to provide that ‘little extra’ that puts it apart from other hotels in the area. It offers 25 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your White Waters Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Waters Country Llangollen
- Hotel White Waters Country
- White Waters Country Hotel Llangollen, Wales