Went for the mothers day carvery, and what a disappointment. Firstly we were seated in the Denbighshire suite, which is in dire need of a re-vamp. We were seated directly underneath a part of the ceiling were the tiles were missing, exposing electrical wiring and damp patches. And the print on the wall directly infront of me looked as though it was on the titanic, (lopsided)The staff are friendly enough, however need re-training as how to serve guests. we were constantly being served from the wrong side, meaning waitresses were always leaning over us. Not good from the paying guests point of view. We were also served wrong drinks, merlot instead of rose for example, staff are clearly not listening to the clients orders.One of the main problems here is that you dont have the same waitress looking after you, its a free for all which is going to result in confusion. This became evident when we were given the bill, added to it ,were 4 other diners meals and drinks, we had to go through this with the barman to get our tab right. As for the carvery it was at best ok, even though my husband and mother in law , had to do without the greens as they had run out, and seemed in no hurry to replenish them.The plates provided were so hot that you couldnt pick them up with using a wad of napkins ,otherwise you would of had nasty blisters.One gentleman from another group, complained severly about them and demanded they be removed, and replaced with ones that were not as hot. I felt sorry for the chef, as he had to deal with this as well as trying to serve meats to the guests. As there was no floor manager to sort things out. This hotel could be a little gem with better management and staff training as its in a lovely location.Mothering sunday in the hospitality industry is one of the biggest dates but sadly the white waters did nothing to make it special at all and we all left bitterly disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Waters Hotel is a new hotel situated in delightful surroundings overlooking the River Dee and yet located only one mile from the town centre. The ethos of this new hotel is to offer the highest quality of luxurious accommodation and service with a restaurant dedicated to fine dining and an environment to provide that ‘little extra’ that puts it apart from other hotels in the area. It offers 25 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your White Waters Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Waters Country Llangollen
- Hotel White Waters Country
- White Waters Country Hotel Llangollen, Wales