“Beautiful location ”

Corn Mill
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in Llangollen
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The location of this restaurant increased this review from 3 to 4. For the prices of the food / drink I was disappointed that table service wasn't offered. Service was average but food good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,169)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let's start out with the positives.
First, the location
is to die for, with outside balconies and decking commanding absolutely magnificent views over the River Dee below - and steam-train activities at Llangollen Railway station opposite.
The interior is characterful and atmospheric as well, as might be expected of a former watermill (the presumably-original waterwheel of which can still be seen).
Perhaps in capitalising on these admittedly mouth-watering advantages, however, they have been resting on their laurels a tad and letting things slide (for the record I do remember visiting some years ago - when the exterior balcony / decking woodwork was still bŕand new - and really enjoying it).
So on the down side: of the three or four real ales that we tried (out of the six on offer), none was really better than 'okay'. Not one zinged on the palate; not a single one made me think "I want another ". Normally I would put this down to poor turnover resulting from too many beers chasing insufficient custom, but the place was humming.
Finally - as to the food (which had been our secondary driver in visiting the Corn Mill): my wife's vegetarian dish was satisfactory, as was my steak - although the chips regrettably had not entered the building as potatoes. And, at the end of the day, we did not at all feel that we had received value for our money.
Next time we come to Llangollen, we will probably look in, but we might not stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was the only place still open selling food in Llangollen at 2030hrs on a sunday. The food was very good, the service excellent and the beer went down a treat. Well worth a vistit at it sits on the bank of the river Dee. Last food orders is at 2100hrs, so we were just in time to get a good meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So, myself and my family visited here for a bite to eat. We knew it would be busy, but the organisation was terrible. There was 5 of us, and the server attempted to put us on a table which was made for 2, although a large table was leaving, we had to ask for a larger table, and the server then attempted to put a couple on the large table instead. My brother had to point out how ridiculous that was before the server changed her mind and allowed us the dignity of not having to sit on each other’s laps. We ordered our food, and my father’s burger arrived within 10 minutes. Then 30 minutes later, my mothers, my food and my sisters food arrived. Then another 20 minutes later my brothers arrived.... with our puddings. When my fathers arrived we did point out that we wanted to eat together and it was a bit rubbish that his arrived and ours hadn’t, and we were assured that ours was “on its way”. After 20 minutes we complained that our food STILL hadn’t arrived, and was told that it was next out. When it did arrive, my brothers meal was missing. Again we raised this with the server who in all honesty could not have cared less. My brothers food finally arrived, and although the portion was a main, it looked like the size of a starter. They also brought out all of our puddings while we were still eating. By now we had raised our dissatisfaction about 5 times and we got given a very weak apology. The organisation, preparation, management, service and overall food was terrible. I have been here before, and it has never been this chaotic, but I think next time we are in Llangollen we will find somewhere else to eat or go hungry as I would rather not visit this place and spend any further money on this establishment.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a lovely place for an evening meal, We have been going here since it opened. Even Though we aren't local to the corn mill, we always visit for special occasions