Britannia Inn
Bryn Howel Hotel(Llangollen)(Great Value!)
US$156
Abbey Grange Hotel(Llangollen)
US$112
Agoda.com
Chainbridge Hotel(Llangollen)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshorseshoe passmeals servedvery generous portionssunday lunchaugust bank holidayscampifull marksplenty of car parkinggreat place to stayrooms are comfortablecooked freshan evening mealovernight stayperfect hostssurrounding hillsboth nightsold building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Britannia Inn overnight when undertaking some cycling training on the Horseshoe Pass, before heading over to Denbigh the following afternoon. I couldn't have asked for a better location to stay. Lovely views down towards Llangollen, and very peaceful. I enjoyed a lovely evening meal (very good value) and was made to feel very welcome by the owners. The single room was ideal - very clean and comfortable, and again very good value for the price.

I look forward to staying there again in the future - thanks again for the hospitality. Will definitely be recommending to others as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I visit the 'Brit' regularly. The review titled 'food good, wierd pricing' is about ANOTHER Britannia Inn in South Wales. I find reviews like these so annoying, reputable establishments suffer because of dodgy reviews. Tripadvisor need to take note and remove reviews that are obviously incorrect.
The Britannia in Lllangollen is a gem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mudgedog
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel to use as a base for exploring the roads of North Wales for a motor biking break. After booking on line, no mention was made about being 'biker friendly' although nothing was further from the truth. From the moment we arrived Anne (the owner) was extremely welcoming and invited us to leave the bikes in the covered shed area so as they were out of the way and under cover.
We were made very welcome and Anne and her staff went out of their way to look after us. The food is superb and the breakfasts plentiful. We also had to use their 'drying facilities' as the weather was not kind to us and nothing was too much trouble.
Rooms we're comfortable and warm. The building is steeped in history and as such is an old building. If your looking for 5 star luxury in a modern setting place don't stay here. If your looking for a character B&B with second to none hospitality, great food and and a bar then this is the place for you. Thoroughly recommended and recommended to the biking fraternity as a 'biker friendly' place to stay. Thank you Anne for a very pleasant 3 days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 23 April 2014

lovely reception great breakfast really good menu a little out of the way nice rooms a little too warm in the hotel overall really enjoyed it..................................................................

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ge0ff1963
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here for one night while at a conference in Llangollen. We had a very warm welcome from the owner. The rooms are not the most modern I have stayed in but it was spotless and the bed was comfortable. I only had a bath but not a shower that was a panic at first but in the morning there was plenty of hot water and I had a very relaxing time in the bath! The view from the room was amazing too.

Breakfast was served at 8.45 on the Saturday morning. It would have been good to be have the option form an early one. If my parents were staying they would have been up at the crack of dawn and do like an early breakfast.

We didn't eat there but from what I heard the food was excellent and we had a bottle of wine when we returned late on the Friday. It would have been nice to have a better choice of quality wines on the list!

Room Tip: A room at the front with a view would be a good tip!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business