Blackthorn Farm
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Trearddur Bay Hotel(Trearddur Bay)
View Hotel
The Beach Motel(Trearddur Bay)
  • Restaurant
Bull Hotel(Valley)
Hotel Cymyran(Holyhead)
Harbour Hotel(Cemaes Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bcamping sitesmoked haddockbarbados roomclean facilitiesgreat siteview roomcaravan parkcamping triphomely atmospherefish and chipsfull welsh breakfastself cateringstunning viewslovely placethe bank holiday weekendbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

we stayed at blackthorn farm in the room at the top of the house with the most amazing views of the coastline and islands. everything was as it should be and the host was very welcoming and helpful. the room was so peaceful and well decorated we wanted to stay for longer. breakfast was tasty with attention to the use of great local produce.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stopped in the B & B to investigate the camp site. The site is beautiful with stunning views. Our room was equally brilliant, breakfast was excellent and Richard as a host was A*** will be back missing you already!!

Room Tip: All rooms are individual and great
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesEddy1984
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Saying that, I presume it was a dog ... and not a ghost!

So we stayed 2 nights in the Family Room, we have stayed before, so clearly liked it. It a big room, very clean, great views. Fantastic location a well, especially since my husband likes his birds - South Stack is almost on the doorstep.

So..this dog. Dog with long and hard nails + wooden floor, made for quite a lot of noise, we also had the occasional spell of barking to put up with. I understand that they like to make dogs welcome, but to be honest it's put me off. I have an allergy to dogs, and the thought of being in a room, were one might have been staying- is not for me.

There was also a lot of noise from below - I suspect we were over the kitchen, I'm up early which is a good thing as I could hear lots of noise from below during breakfast service (not a room if you want a lie in)

Saying that, it really is a lovely place - breakfast was great, though I'm not sure why you need to order, and indicate a time of arrival when you are going to be kept waiting. I ordered the smoked fish, and had to wait 25 minutes, so it clearly hadn't started to be cooked until we had arrived. That said, when it came it was lovely.

I think we will probably stay again - hopefully no dogs in the next room!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank theboltonwanderer
blackthorn247, Manager at Blackthorn Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

I'm very disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us as much as your previous one. I'm sorry you feel put off by the dog in the room next to you - as you say, we are a dog friendly B&B, but we try to cater to those with allergies like yourself by keeping two dog free rooms that we don't allow dogs in at all. That way, when people book, if they mention they are allergic to two dogs we can assign them one of our two rooms that never have dogs in. And, of course, our rooms are thoroughly cleaned in between guests - thank you for mentioning how clean it was!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast, although I apologise for the wait and the disturbance in the morning. I will be talking to the kitchen staff and asking them to keep the noise to a minimum to avoid this happening again. The preorder forms for breakfast are optional, as we appreciate that a lot of our guests are on holiday and don't have to be up and away at a certain time. The forms do work well for other guests that stay who are perhaps catching the ferry or are working on the island.

Thank you very much for staying with us for a second time and I apologise again for not being able to live up to the standard set by your previous stay. I hope you do book with us again so we can try and improve on your most recent experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the campsite over the bank holiday with two young children. Brilliant family bathroom set up with a wet room and bathroom in one. Useful hair dryer fitted. Immaculately clean at all times. Top quality camping with LOADS of space on the fully booked site. Brilliant option to order breakfast at the B and B. Lovely food and the staff were very helpful with my daughter's food allergies. Will definately be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie118

Thank you for your lovely review - the family bathroom is one of our more recent additions to the campsite and I'm glad you found it so useful. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

On a clear day the views from Blackthorn Farm across Treaddur Bay towards Snowdonia are beautiful. The farm is very conveniently located for the Irish Ferries. Our bedroom was furnished with a seaside theme, it was bright and cheerful and very comfortable. We were lucky enough to be staying on a night when dinner was also served so we enjoyed a delicious meal without having to go in search of a restaurant in Holyhead town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple