“OK”

Ranked #3 of 27 Holyhead B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Had a warm enough welcome and the breakfast was superb. Information sheet in the room was a bonus for food in the area but I must sadly say the town is very tired and the room equally so. I have no complaints about the cleanliness but, and I've stayed in many, many B&Bs, this is over priced for what it is.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank andyzot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Maryport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Was greeted with "I have been trying to contact you at home as there is a problem with your booked room". Bit pointless ringing me in the Lake District when I am away I would have thought. With me hobbling on my walking stick he walked us a few hundred yards away to another B&B that he had got us in to. Although the new B&B was very pleasant it cost us more with a Continental breakfast than the original booking with a cooked breakfast. I booked the hotel via LateRooms.com (as I do with all of my bookings) and will respond appropriately when they ask for my review !

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to avoid possible disappointment.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dave H
holyheadcarl, Owner at Wavecrest, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
I attempted to telephone.(you had not forwarded your mobile) as the en-suite WC was leaking and had to be closed. I decided to re-loctae in a similar establishment that uses Late Rooms agency. I offered you a lift in my car for the short walk,however offered to walk. I carried your cases and offered my apolgises. Very unfair to mark me down like this in such circumstances.
These things do happen and I found a nice B & B as an alternate. I asked if you were happy with a continental type breakfast and you agreed.Otherwise I would have invited you both round for a full cooked breakfast.i
greenock
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

This place was ok for a night or 2 but had some issues. Firstly wasn't very cheap considering it wasn't en suite. The door to our room was very very hard to close as it was seriously out of line with the lock. The shower wasn't great either and parking can be hard. The breakfast was good and the staff were nice. The TVs were tiny. Across the street was much nicer and cheaper. Overall ok but unless you really have to visit Anglesey then avoid, the place is like a ghost town.

• Stayed September 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Despite poor feedback of Holyhead I was pleasantly surprised of the area.
The owner was friendly and advised me to hire a bike and explore Holy Island. The coastline has to be one of the most stunning in UK. Cliffs and beaches. The country park is also a lovely too .
Wavecrest caters mainly for Ferry customers I was here for a racing event which Prince William attended. Met some lovely people from different parts of the World. I had use of a fridge and garage to leave my kit and bike etc.
The breakfast was just the protein I required for my day ahead.
I will be back and thanks for looking after me!

Room Tip: Nice walk to Malas bistro at the Yacht club!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

The bonus was the owner Karl who went out of his way to show local places. Drove me to South Stack and lovely local beaches. Sorry my Welsh is poor therefore will not even attempt the name of them. Breakfast was good and room was cozy. The various display on walls was interesting. Pop and railway items. Lovely water clolours too. Really good for a break before Ferry.

Room Tip: Book direct it is cheaper than online
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BLake S
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

The positive points of my stay included the cheerful and friendly owner who was always willing to lend a hand. There was good off street parking in a quiet area and it was close to local amenities such as the ferry port and town. However the owner had a unique, acquired and interesting take on how the decorate his establishment. The varying garish train and parking signs in the entrance hall were overpowering and the general make do and mend feel throughout gave me, the feeling that everything had been done on the cheap. Breakfast was adequate but cold. I wouldn’t recommend this establishment- the photographs on the website don't reflect its nature and the tariff was too high for the facilities and type of accommodation provided.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank catherine h
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here for a couple days whilst I looked for rented apartment in area. The owner really looked after me and gave me great tips about the town. The breakfast was yummy and big.
He even gave me discount for my troubles. Helped me unload and load all my bags and cases from the car.
Rooms were cozy and clean and above all,quite!
makes a great effort to make sure guests are happy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Donna T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyhead
Hotel Cymyran
#1 of 27 in Holyhead
The Boathouse Hotel
The Boathouse Hotel
#6 of 27 in Holyhead

Been to Wavecrest? Share your experiences!